What are you using for on-board air?

I went to EBay - and picked up a sweet 150psi fixed regulator for 40.00 - comes with a quick connect already! Works great for airing up tires- built my system for 150.00!!!

I want to hook up an on-board air system. Something that takes up a minimal amount of space but can fill 35" tires in as little time as possible.

I was thinking about this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050DI9YQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It's just a bit expensive as you can see (not that that's a total deal breaker), so I just wanted to see what else was out there.

Hi @Chris ,
From what pressure to what pressure you normally fill your 35"s tires?

I want to hook up an on-board air system. Something that takes up a minimal amount of space but can fill 35" tires in as little time as possible.

I was thinking about this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050DI9YQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It's just a bit expensive as you can see (not that that's a total deal breaker), so I just wanted to see what else was out there.
I have a viaair tank mounted behind the rear seat and plumbed with a hose coupling front and back of the vehicle , compressor is under the hood.

Reactions: Chris
On the #elrojolj I do use this ARB CKMA12 combined with a 2.5 gal tank. Its has two spigots one in the front and one on the rear, pressure switch and pressure gauge to monitor it.

The spigots in front and rear allow me to just carry a 6' coiled hose and have the pump by the motor compartment. This system allow me to inflate my 35's from 10 psi to 25 psi on 2.5 minutes (approximated) per tire.

Between the pump and the tank I add a check valve to isolate the system for when the Locker operation is handle it.

Reactions: Chris
I use the smaller arb compressor CKMA12. It will fill my 35s from 13 to 25 psi in 2 min a tire. Not the fastest but I use my ABS tray for the rubicon oem locker pumps. I mounted it in front of the air box behind the headlight.

He was doing what he should have been doing.
No need to spend the exorbitant price for the Power Tank product, it really is WAY overpriced for what you can easily put together on your own.

I paid $90 for a 10 lb. aluminum CO2 tank with plastic handle from an online beverage supply company, around $50 for the regulator, and maybe another $50 for the fittings and the hose.

This is what my regulator and quick disconnect looks like, I added the little 45 degree angle from little brass parts from my local Home Depot. Above the 45 is the regulator you can easily find, the rest of it below the 45 I sourced from the Home Depot.

View attachment 51774
Looks like a cheap off the shelf commercial regulator. What is the flow rate on it? Any details on CFM?

Im confident this is what the OP was looking for, the fastest flowing setup and that is the major difference between your commercial regulator and the PowerTank regulator.

Plus power tank supports monster valves for dramatically shorter air down and air up times.

To some that dont wheel much or often, it may not matter but over time waiting 2 mins a tire gets really old. It’s one of those things that gets me on and off the trail faster and out of peoples way. Not a fan of being “that guy” that holds everyone else up either entering the trail or exiting. Plus I’d rather be riding.

I bought a portable $65 on sale ViAir Compressor pedestal mounted behind the windshield washer plastic jug by the drivers side.
upload_2018-10-10_20-3-21.png

I’m going to assume you like your CO2 tank better than the York in regards to filling tires?
No, I miss my York OBA system lots. It never ran out of air, it was worry free. I don't like having to keep track of my current CO2 usage and weighing the tank. Not to mention having to pay to refill the tank every 4-5 offroad trips.

I have considered useing a 20cf. Scuba tank and filling it with nitrogen. (I can get it for free) but i don't like the thought of 3000psi tank strapped to the jeep.

Untill i finally spend the money for a better option. I just use the el_cheapo slime pump. (Without the slime)

I have considered useing a 20cf. Scuba tank and filling it with nitrogen. (I can get it for free) but i don't like the thought of 3000psi tank strapped to the jeep.
20 CF is not much, it wouldn't last long. For comparison a 10 lb. CO2 tank produces 87 CF of CO2.