What are your favorite interior upgrades / mods?

I made a custom rear view mirror mount to raise the mirror up out of my sight line. The factory placement of the mirror was in the way and drove me nuts.

20200821_135337.jpg

20200821_135254.jpg

I also made custom shifter levers just to have something different.

20200622_130512.jpg

20200622_130525.jpg

I go pretty light on the mods in general. Usually takes me a while to decide so my mods serve a purpose I can use. So far I have removed the back seat and installed an internal rack and the box that creates a secure space behind the back seat only accessible when you open the tailgate. The rack did wonders for keeping gear organized and accessible. I also installed all red LEDs. I like the red color as it does not affect my night vision.

12077.jpeg

Reactions: Vasq and Blackegg
I made a custom rear view mirror mount to raise the mirror up out of my sight line. The factory placement of the mirror was in the way and drove me nuts.

View attachment 243946
View attachment 243947

I also made custom shifter levers just to have something different.

View attachment 243950
View attachment 243951
Can you do a write up on these? Or at least tell us how u did it? I want to move my mirror up. How much further up is yours from a stock one turned upside down? (Upside down gives you another inch or two upwards.)

Also how do you shift the auto with that set up? Very cool looking.

I w
I’d love to see those once you’ve installed...heard great things!

Haven't installed them yet, but will be installing this new Katzkin upholstery along with new ACC carpet in the coming weeks. Waiting for it to be good and warm so the carpet and leather will be more pliable.

View attachment 148421

View attachment 148422
I went out to their website and they do not identify a Jeep of any model. They did offer for me to put in my details which I did. Is that the route you had to go?

I asked about wifi vs BT for wireless CarPlay because its my understanding it uses wifi and that is why the few stereos that have wireless are so expensive. The price of my double DIN bezel and Sony stereo are pretty much the same as the Joying unit linked above. Obviously made in China but they all are so....
This unit from JL is tiny and sends cd quality sound to you head unit or amp. It turns you phone into a head unit effectively. The right way to do Bluetooth. The cheap transmitters are awful. Mine sits to the side of my stock head unit out of sight. A brilliant and cheap upgrade.

AF79DEC7-543A-4C91-9D42-7E946927DAF4.jpeg

Can you do a write up on these? Or at least tell us how u did it? I want to move my mirror up. How much further up is yours from a stock one turned upside down? (Upside down gives you another inch or two upwards.)

Also how do you shift the auto with that set up? Very cool looking.
Here's the write up on the mirror. It raised the mirror about 4", will be even higher if you flip it upside down. There are pics comparing the 2 positions.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/custom-rear-view-mirror-bracket.39544/
Here's the write up on the shifter levers. The lever is spring loaded, you push it down to shift.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/custom-shifter-levers-for-auto-trans-and-transfer-case.36985/

This unit from JL is tiny and sends cd quality sound to you head unit or amp. It turns you phone into a head unit effectively. The right way to do Bluetooth. The cheap transmitters are awful. Mine sits to the side of my stock head unit out of sight. A brilliant and cheap upgrade.

View attachment 244048
I have been looking for something like this. I looked at it on the site and it looks like it has two RCA jacks on it. How did you connect it to your head unit? Or do you have an amp?

the changes I've made to the iterior of my 2000 Sport ..seat covers (want suspension seats soon), sony radio, removed the back seat and replaced with a strapped down spare tire/tools, green spiderweb shade, green LED bulbs in all the interior lights, some Tuffy bits

I have been looking for something like this. I looked at it on the site and it looks like it has two RCA jacks on it. How did you connect it to your head unit? Or do you have an amp?
I ran mine directly to the amplifier aux input. Sounds great.
To connect to head unit it can replace your cd or aux input. It’s really straight forward and sound great. Have a look at JL web site the install instructions are there. To me 20 mins, slid out head unit , attached this unit to the side of the inside dash to left of head unit. Popped head unit back in. Ran rca to aux input and all done.

Reactions: Ephry73 and bourbon
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Remote locks

InstallGear Keyless Entry System... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDLUTPC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I used these actuators because they are smaller
Install Essentials 524N High Power Door Lock Motor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009SWLE6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Heated seats

WATERCARBON Tech Era Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kit Hi/Lo Setting, 2 Seats https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008D2LIRG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Of course they no longer have the Keyless Entry System... Any suggestions on an alternative setup?