What backspacing for 37X13.50XR17 tires?

thanks for the advise I honestly went with 37’s cause a buddy of mine said I wouldn’t lol looks like I jumped the gun on this one...
I'll say this. Tire size isn't everything. A thoughtful and balanced build on smaller tires will out-perform anything else where the focus has been placed on one area.

Understanding movements and building to maximize those movement is what will set your build apart from the others. This is why I strongly encourage people to properly extend the bump stops. Doing so will teach how the suspension moves and show you how all the parts of the system interact with each other.

I’ll just stick with the 37 and build it up to make them work
Let us know what happens to the tires at full bump and full flex. What kind of suspension up and down travels front and rear do you end up with? How does that compare to stock? How about the rear drive shaft?

I'll say this. Tire size isn't everything. A thoughtful and balanced build on smaller tires will out-perform anything else where the focus has been placed on one area.

Understanding movements and building to maximize those movement is what will set your build apart from the others. This is why I strongly encourage people to properly extend the bump stops. Doing so will teach how the suspension moves and show you how all the parts of the system interact with each other.
Oh I completely agree that tire size isn’t everything, at the last jeep meet I attended I was pulling out jk’s with with way bigger tires than I have on now.

I'm running 37's and 5;13's. 70 MPH = 2900 rpm's.

I do have a 6 speed.

When asking for gear recommendations here the majority said 5:13. I wish I would of went 4:88. But it is sweet in rocks with the Rubi transfer case. A turtle will outrun it

I was thinking about dropping back to 35;s but ..... regear again?

Backspacing 3.75

Last edited:
I'm running 37's and 5;13's. 70 MPH = 2900 rpm's.

I do have a 6 speed.

When asking for gear recommendations here the majority said 5:13. I wish I would of went 4:88. But it is sweet in rocks with the Rubi transfer case. A turtle will outrun it
Is your speedo corrected?

From Grimmjeeper...

NSG370/36.5"/5.13 =2777rpm @ 70mph
NSG370/36"/5.13 =2815rpm @ 70mph

Reactions: Ted
NSG370/36.5"/5.13 = 2896rpm @ 73mph
NSG370/36.5"/4.88 = 2755rpm @ 73mph

NSG370/36.5"/5.13 = 2896rpm @ 73mph

I must have been looking at a bad chart when I was thinking about this. I can live with it but it but soon it is going to be a trailer to trail rig. It is no longer a Rubicon and soon it will be getting an new engine, tranny and transfer case which may make it more street efficient

What do we keep saying about those charts? :)

5.13 is about right for your transmission.