What did you do to your other vehicle today?

Is that product pretty easy to work with?

Mixing is a bit of a pain. It's a lot of mixing the liner itself, the color, and the catalyst. Like 15-20 min of mixing.

Its tough clean up. I had to sacrifice a 5 gal bucket. MEK, acetone, or mineral spirits have a tough time cleaning it. I have several spots on my garage floor. MEK the second it drops though is immediately cleaned.

The mixture is potent. Very potent. Even with my garage wide open I can still smell this stuff on the second floor and on the other side of my home.

But it rolls easy and it's fairly easy to spot high/low spots or lines.

Eager to see how it feels once dried.

20240519_150448.jpg

Last edited:
Mixing is a bit of a pain. It's a lot of mixing the liner itself, the color, and the catalyst. Like 15-20 min of mixing.

Its tough clean up. I had to sacrifice a 5 gal bucket. MEK, acetone, or mineral spirits have a tough time cleaning it. I have several spots in my garage floor. MEK the second it drops though is immediately cleaned.

The mixture is potent. Very potent. Even with my garage wide open I can still smell this stuff on the second floor and on the other side of my home.

But it rolls easy and it's fairly easy to spot high/low spots or lines.

Eager to see how it feel once dried.

View attachment 528222

It looks really good. I was asking because some did a bum job on the Jeep and, the only way that can think of to get rid of it is to buff it off and reapply something better.

It looks really good. I was asking because some did a bum job on the Jeep and, the only way that can think of to get rid of it is to buff it off and reapply something better.

Oof. I can't imagine trying to get any type of bed liner off, I bet that's a ton of work

Went to do a simple transmission pan drop and screen/filter replacement on the 4Runner.

Snapped to bolts for the pan……

Not fun. Drilled, went to store and got bolts and tap. New autozone tap is so bad it won’t even thread in the good holes. Had to dig around and found an m6x1.0 tap in my toolbox.

Plus side, it seems it drives a lot better now.

• Wow
Reactions: lBasket
Reactions: John Cooper
I just ordered a $2600 Vintage Air package for my 1970 Olds 442
View attachment 528552

View attachment 528551

Nice!!! And it probably has the 455 with 11:25 to 1 compression? And you probably get tired of explaining to people there is no such engine as a 442 CID, thats just the body style? Then there's all the speculation on what exactly "442" stands for. BTDT with my 69.:rolleyes:

Got a few more things done to the Cadillac. Put new wires, plugs, rotor and cap on. Started it up and noticed it sounded like it was low on power steering fluid so I added some. Got my first leak. LOL

IMG_6186.jpeg

It all came back out. I replaced the rubber line at the bottom but it didn't help, so I will have to do some more investigating to figure out where the leak is coming from.

Got the headlights hooked up and everything works except the "running" halo's. I need to find a accessory wire to tie into for that. They do blink though. :D
IMG_6017.jpeg

I wasn't sure why none of my interior lights would come on. I even pulled the fuse panel down to check the back of it. Then I did what normal people would do, I checked the bulbs. LOL Everyone of them were burnt out. Replaced them and now I have lights! :D
IMG_6293.jpeg

Sometimes it is the little things that can make a person happy! LOL

I also took all the door and interior panels off to lube the window tracks. All of them worked except the driver one, but they all were really slow to move. Once lubed up they worked a lot better. The rear passenger side went down but that is when I noticed it is missing the little wheel to keep it moving correctly. Needless to say, I will have to have help getting that back up. I may try 3D printing a wheel, but not sure how I would keep it in place since the stud it sits on isn't a removable part.

Lastly, I added a much needed badge! LOL :D

IMG_6290.jpeg

I am getting down to having to wait on the back window rust repair to be done. I can't put anything back in it because they will need to weld the replacement metal in. So I guess I will have to just do fun stuff, like install the radio. LOL I mean you have to have tunes while cruising in the Caddy! :D

My other car(?) is also a Jeep, a 2012 Grand Cherokee, which is our road trip vehicle. With just under 100k on the clock, the transmission went south. Took it to a great shop and they could not find a new or low mileage salvage transmission for days on end. Finally, they found a new one in a warehouse in Detroit. Long story short, we got it back yesterday and it runs great! Best highway cruiser we have ever had and if there is a big traffic jam, we just go off-road.

After putting a cactus thorn through the tire side wall of my teardrop I got 3 new tires online and mounted them tonight. Ended up replacing the bearings and seals because the grease turned to yogurt. It dripped out of the hubs like thin honey. I roller was toast so I’m glad I replaced everything. Should be good to go for my desert trip next week.

IMG_2323.jpeg