What did you do to your TJ today?

I have been busy the last couple of weeks getting my TJ current on maintenance. New drum breaks on the rear Dana 44, new Alloy diff cover and gear oil change, Replaced the front Dana 30 axle carrier internal gears (found a broken spider gear), new front inner axle seals, new upper and lower ball joints, new axle U joints, new hubs, installed new LED back-up lights, and the last thing to do is to finish up wiring my rock lights. The hardest and longest part of all of this was waiting for the damn parts!

Must be nice, Amazon used to have 2 day prime, now it is 10 day prime.
I know that feeling. That's why I cancelled their "Sub" Prime service. I get everything from Ebay faster, with a guaranteed delivery date and always free shipping within 3 days. I WON'T buy anything online without using Paypal.

Last edited:
The last parts I needed to get it all back together were the inner axle seals. UPS had them in town on Wednesday then shipped them 150 miles south before they finally got them to me on Friday, just moments after I paid twice the price to get them locally. Oh well, I have them for a buddy or the next time I need them.

I know that feeling. That's why I cancelled their "Sub" Prime service. I get everything from Ebay faster, with a guaranteed delivery date and always free shipping within 3 days. If not, Paypal refunds my money and I keep the product anyway for the seller not fulfilling their obligation. I now have 4 free brand new tires for my car, 6 Jeep shirts and a Covid rated 4x4 badge. I WON'T buy anything online without using Paypal.
Damn! I don't normally shop much on eBay but that may need to change!

Reactions: TheBoogieman
The last parts I needed to get it all back together were the inner axle seals. UPS had them in town on Wednesday then shipped them 150 miles south before they finally got them to me on Friday, just moments after I paid twice the price to get them locally. Oh well, I have them for a buddy or the next time I need them.
I had UPS and FedEx do the same thing. They were 50 miles away and then went 3 states over before getting here. Not to mention that they play "catch" with anything labeled FRAGILE! I order a new hood for my car after hitting a deer, FedEX damaged the new one worse than the deer. That was free too and I knocked the dent out to close the hood. When I ordered my 35" tire/wheel package, I watched the FedEx driver roll my 100 lb wheel/tires over small packages from the front of the van to the rear. He had no intention of lifting them up or moving fragile, small packages.

See from the other thread

B4800713-2FCA-4203-9325-CB321F733FC4.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Drove it to work. Rear felt more planted and followed the road better. Front needs a little more tweaking.

Finished the MorRyde hinge and tailgate reinforcement by cutting one of the spacers in half, sanding the two parts a bit and installing them.

Celebrated my accomplishment with an Old Fashioned.

And yes, there is a pattern here...

Make a mod to the TJ and have an Old Fashioned...

[Just hoping I don’t run out of mods...]
That is a drinking game for sure.

Reactions: Welding Goats
I had UPS and FedEx do the same thing. They were 50 miles away and then went 3 states over before getting here. Not to mention that they play "catch" with anything labeled FRAGILE! I order a new hood for my car after hitting a deer, FedEX damaged the new one worse than the deer. That was free too and I knocked the dent out to close the hood. When I ordered my 35" tire/wheel package, I watched the FedEx driver roll my 100 lb wheel/tires over small packages from the front of the van to the rear. He had no intention of lifting them up or moving fragile, small packages.
Yeah, I did work in the UPS Wearhouse one time and saw how they transferred packages. It was like a game to them, if it said fragile I swear they threw them harder. I don't think the labels really do any good.

Yeah, I did work in the UPS Wearhouse one time and saw how they transferred packages. It was like a game to them, if it said fragile I swear they threw them harder. I don't think the labels really do any good.
I was told by someone that also used to work UPS that fragile stickers meant kick it or throw it.

They bent the corner of my rock sliders years ago. That takes trying really hard. I got them free too with Paypal and bent them back.

Reactions: Tioga river Rat
I was told by someone that also used to work UPS that fragile stickers meant kick it or throw it.
My next package I'm going to order light bulbs and have them stamp "KICK FREELY' on it and see what happens. I bet it's bubble wrapped and has foam insulation sprayed in the box. That's the problem with most companies, overpaid, under educated workers that don't give a shit about anything, UNLESS it's their stuff.

PRoductive day.

1. Installed my modified OEM Foglight switch to have the ability to control my AC
2. REplaced the aftermarket rocker switch with an OEM fog light switch.
3. Finished installing the Double Din Car play stereo and aligned the backup camera.
4. Replaced the bulbs in the switches and ac control with LED's.

Next up: automatic door locks and reset of LED replacements.
IMG_7432.jpg