What did you do to your TJ today?

I replaced the rear swaybar links. Good timing. It looks like the old ones were rubbing the brake line padding.

I ran to the hardware store and handing was great.

20201017_134235.jpg

Swapped to JKS front disconnects, changed spark plugs (Champion iridium) Kentrol rear glass hinges and front 5 1/4 Kickers in Select Increments pods
Absolutely destroyed the frond crankcase vent elbow trying to replace the two valve cover grommets (Dorman to the temporary rescue)
Is there any way to fix seeping transmission cooler lines at the radiator?
These things get expensive fast

After installing the Mustang seats, I drove BlackSheep for a few days with the doors off.
IMG_5551.JPG

This morning it was pretty cool, so I decided to put the doors back on. I slipped the door into the hinges, attached the strap and pushed it closed. IT BOUNCED RIGHT BACK AT ME!! Turns out, that lever that controls the height of the seat, which I really like, comes in contact with the map pocket of the half door.

No problem, a little trimming of the plastic and it's all good.
IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5710.JPG

New timing set is on.
Front cover is on.
New balancer is on.
Rear main seal is done.
Took the oil pan to work and cleaned all the gunk out of it.
Pan and gasket is on.
Heater core is flushed.
Alternator is on.
Water pump pulley is painted.
Broken studs in exhaust pipe connection at skid plate are out. Yay.

Block coolant plug is out with an improvised tool. My grandfather was a tool maker for Cessna and and I ended up with his Kennedy chest. Every now and then, I'll need a weird tool that I don't have. It's not a big chest, but it does have some things worth hanging on to, and others I'm sure my grandfather would say to use it if it'll get the job done. Well I found a smallish Craftsman chisel that happened to be 5/16 (or 8mm) on the square, the exact size of the rear coolant plug near the middle/rear of the block. It already had the end mushroomed a little, so it needed some attention anyway. Just long enough to get past the pan rail so I could get a big crescent wrench and cheater pipe on it. Like it was meant to be used .....lol......no. lol

20201017_211842.jpg

Last edited:
After installing the Mustang seats, I drove BlackSheep for a few days with the doors off.
View attachment 196848

This morning it was pretty cool, so I decided to put the doors back on. I slipped the door into the hinges, attached the strap and pushed it closed. IT BOUNCED RIGHT BACK AT ME!! Turns out, that lever that controls the height of the seat, which I really like, comes in contact with the map pocket of the half door.

No problem, a little trimming of the plastic and it's all good.
View attachment 196849
View attachment 196850
What year mustang are they out of?

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
My steering wheel has seen better days so, after an extended search I finally found my Unicorn.
someone was parting out a 2003 WJ Overland. I scored a near mint steering wheel.
I also updated my rear view mirror.

View attachment 196838
That steering wheel is awesome! Does it bolt right up and plug into the plug up to the cruise control switches?

Hi Gavidoc,

What year is your TJ? I'd like to install power locks in my 98, is there a kit available? Did you look into using wireless connectors https://www.summitracing.com/parts/kcw-10631 ?

Thanks,
Rich

I bought a cheap set on amazon and an extra master actuator for my 2nd set of doors. Came wired for 4 doors and a trunk. Might try to put one in the tailgate and just removed the wires I didn’t need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDLUTPC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited: