What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed factory fogs on my stock tj bumper, and got it all wired up. Love the look of the factory setup.

Having an issue with the wiring. got a thread going on it cuz it's a weird issue. And it looks like I'll be doing some wiring adjustments tomorrow!

Popped open the rear diff, pulled the clip and yanked the axle... precursor to stripping down the brake to replace the warped/bent and rotten backing plate.
Stevie and Jimmy Vaughan "Family Style" made it more entertaining. Hard to enjoy even my favorite things on this sombre day.

My respects to Servicemen. Lest we forget.

Sadly, I put my doors back on and will put the top on this weekend. The nights are getting into the 30s and 40s here in Southern Arizona, so the wife wanted them back on. Happy wife happy life.
I know the feeling. I had the soft top down for probably a month straight and put it back on a couple weeks ago when that cold front rolled through.

Had our first frost here in The Mitten last night, and am I glad I finally got on that coolant flush. The heat was pretty anemic before, and the PO had used the fluorescent green coolant, which he had watered way down. Flushed/cleaned with the Prestone cleaner, and refilled per the excellent thread in the Resources sub with HOAT coolant diluted 70:30. By the end of my commute to work, I was Medium, almost Well Done. Used my heated seats for the first couple minutes until the 4.0 was heated up. Bring on the snow!

Had our first frost here in The Mitten last night, and am I glad I finally got on that coolant flush. The heat was pretty anemic before, and the PO had used the fluorescent green coolant, which he had watered way down. Flushed/cleaned with the Prestone cleaner, and refilled per the excellent thread in the Resources sub with HOAT coolant diluted 70:30. By the end of my commute to work, I was Medium, almost Well Done. Used my heated seats for the first couple minutes until the 4.0 was heated up. Bring on the snow!
I also had to fire up the heated seats this morning lol

Reactions: Ricgowan
Weight loss

0BF031E0-5725-41C4-9445-42317BE2B7E5.jpeg

Reactions: Hog and Jamison C
The last few days have been tinkering stuff. Added a bull bar to my stock bumper. Made the bull bar myself out of some schedule 40 2" pipe and a couple of weld on 90's. Mounted LED light bars on the front bumper. Installed LED head lights. Installed 2" homemade seat risers. New silicone wiper blades. Drilled drain holes in the bottom of the frame. Installed spacers between the frame and the tranny mount/skid plate. Waiting on my new Rancho 5000X shocks to arrive.

Reactions: Jpodell
I also had to fire up the heated seats this morning lol
I never had the desire to have heated seats. My wife wanted them in her car we got her a few years ago. I ended up finding myself using them on high with the A/C on max cool in the middle of summer. LOL

I ended up put a set in the Jeep too. :)

Finally did something I didn’t want to do and that was hit the hardtop with some penetrol.

Before and after:
AF4B1187-294F-4CDD-BF92-5B206B753880.jpeg
6296635A-E47B-4B12-9C8D-384D27F74324.jpeg

I knew the top was faded but holy moly!
04D02202-26A0-4EE4-BA20-7EF79DCBB265.jpeg

Also replaced my thermostat. My cheap O’Reily’s one opened at like 170° lol.

I never had the desire to have heated seats. My wife wanted them in her car we got her a few years ago. I ended up finding myself using them on high with the A/C on max cool in the middle of summer. LOL

I ended up put a set in the Jeep too. :)
Once you get a vehicle with heated seats you never go back lol

I originally wasn't going to put them in when I was getting my seats reupholstered, but the company talked me into it. So worth it lol

Reactions: matkal
Installed factory fogs on my stock tj bumper, and got it all wired up. Love the look of the factory setup.

Having an issue with the wiring. got a thread going on it cuz it's a weird issue. And it looks like I'll be doing some wiring adjustments tomorrow!
Hey buddy did you make any headway.

I got my 06 back from Cole.... it is amazing what fresh transmission fluid will do in the 42rle.

The air spits ice cubes. Of course it's winter but that will help when I defrost.

I'm just getting restless and trying to decide if I should do something wild with this thing or sell it and get an LJR.... With 77,000 mi and under 11,000 invested is a good Rubicon for a build .

At the same time I've got a lifted Rubicon and I don't even need the thing.... First world problems.

The second TJ thing was all about me wanting to find out what an automatic was like....years ago automatics were considered an oddity in the Jeep world and they were not really nice it would be like on the tree with an indicator like a Chevy truck...

Anyway ... For you guys that have never driven one I'll tell you what they're like.... They are wonderful.

Hey buddy did you make any headway.
Yeah. Checked how I had it wired, and it was correct, just as you instructed. But was still not operating correctly.

So I pulled the wire tapped into the low beams, and just to check, stuck it on the positive post of the battery.

Viola! Fogs and switch worked as they should.

Only thing I can think of is that since my headlights aren’t stock, somehow that has a effect.

They’re IPF “E” code, and I believe they’re not street legal, but I love ‘em. Bright as hell!

So I’m gonna find a switched 12v source in the cab to tap off, and probably stick an inline fuse in it just to be safe.

And thanks again for your help Boss! 😸

Reactions: AndyG
Yeah. Checked how I had it wired, and it was correct, just as you instructed. But was still not operating correctly.

So I pulled the wire tapped into the low beams, and just to check, stuck it on the positive post of the battery.

Viola! Fogs and switch worked as they should.

Only thing I can think of is that since my headlights aren’t stock, somehow that has a effect.

They’re IPF “E” code, and I believe they’re not street legal, but I love ‘em. Bright as hell!

So I’m gonna find a switched 12v source in the cab to tap off, and probably stick an inline fuse in it just to be safe.

And thanks again for your help Boss! 😸
Cool. I went to sleep thinking of other things and what I might have missed.

You know , we all help each other a ton on here. A lot of problems really do get solved. Good job.

Changed the NV 3550 fluid to something Cole came up with. I don't know what it is, and he won't tell me..... but it is probably all I will run now. It's synthetic and yellow metal safe and shifts really nice. Gonna bootleg @Jamison C some and try to find out more.

Later on.

Reactions: j8ksdad