What did you do to your TJ today?

Did this really cool, totally free mod where I take apart my factory fog lights and then lose the critical piece that holds the light into the plastic fixture, so now I've got a fog light flopping around...

Anyone know where I can buy the piece that screws in to hold the light in place? I'd rather not buy an entirely new light, but I'm afraid I am...excuse the pun...
IMG-1107.jpg
screwed.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Ephry73
Did this really cool, totally free mod where I take apart my factory fog lights and then lose the critical piece that holds the light into the plastic fixture, so now I've got a fog light flopping around...

Anyone know where I can buy the piece that screws in to hold the light in place? I'd rather not buy an entirely new light, but I'm afraid I am...excuse the pun...View attachment 202796screwed.
Those are not factory fogs right? If not try and find the spec from the manufacturer and then pickup a bolt at the hardware store or Mc Master Carr. If it is factory then you should be able to get the size from the factory parts list (posted somewhere here) and buy from hardware store or McMaster Carr.

Those are not factory fogs right? If not try and find the spec from the manufacturer and then pickup a bolt at the hardware store or Mc Master Carr. If it is factory then you should be able to get the size from the factory parts list (posted somewhere here) and buy from hardware store or McMaster Carr.
Here is the nut part number and size. 6101 445 2 J NUT AND WASHER, Hex Nut-Coned Washer, M8 x 1.25 . So it looks like you need an M8 x 1.25 stud. I have found Metric studs at Ace. You might want to remove the stud from the other housing so you can get the exact length required.

You're roughly 12 hours ahead of us, give or take a time zone or two, and it's dark both here and there, at 5:15 AM EST.

The magnets don't sound like a bad idea. Since they are so friggin' strong I'd use the thinnest piece of plastic between the magnets and the body to reduce the chance of scratches.

The problem there is usually how they tend to hold any moisture/salt/etc. that gets behind them just like the dreaded undercoating does. If they were regularly taken off for some cleaning there would be no problem but the guys with the business just keep on working for money and don't think about that.
We got married in Vegas some years ago and a tech at my wife's TV station captured the Vegas signs street vision of our photo shoot and showed it across the network to staff. it was 5pm in Vegas and 8am the "next day" in Perth both in daylight just different days at the same time lol!
When we have flown to the States on Vacation over the years after a 14 hour non stop flight we usually arrive at LAX before we have left Australia :)

Thought I had a serious issue going on, started hearing some terrible rattling/crackling sound after I got back from a New Hampshire work trip. Luckily it turned out leaves must have been stuck somewhere, once I got on the highway and hit 70mph they got blasted out. Thank you Jeepus🙏
I had a similar issue with a crackling noise coming from behind me...Turns out is was my daughter and a bag of corn chips lol

I had a similar issue with a crackling noise coming from behind me...Turns out is was my daughter and a bag of corn chips lol
Haha! I worked with a guy who kept taking his Tacoma to the shop because it was clunking when he turned. They kept replacing steering parts but couldn't fix the problem. Turns out it was a beer bottle rolling around in a little compartment on the side of the bed. He tossed it in there when we were tailgating before a baseball game and forgot about it. :LOL:

Finished my jks quick disconnects install.

View attachment 201312

May want to grab a couple extra lynch pins to throw in the glovebox. I learned on my first trip with my JKS disconnects that my tires could rub those holder pins and they took off the lynch pins. Looks like you may have 10.5 from that pic (could be the pic angle) so maybe not an issue. The lynch pins are cheap enough at the local hardware store.

Reactions: BeavisTJ
May want to grab a couple extra lynch pins to throw in the glovebox. I learned on my first trip with my JKS disconnects that my tires could rub those holder pins and they took off the lynch pins. Looks like you may have 10.5 from that pic (could be the pic angle) so maybe not an issue. The lynch pins are cheap enough at the local hardware store.
X2 to this. I had one break not long after install. Called JKS and they sent me a whole bag at no charge. They ride in the glovebox at all times.

X2 to this. I had one break not long after install. Called JKS and they sent me a whole bag at no charge. They ride in the glovebox at all times.

I ended up removing the frame pins and going simple with bungy cords on each side and hooked into the fender reinforcement bracket. Simple and cheaper than continue buying lynch pins.

JKS disconnects have performed well. I found they were looking for a lube every 2500 miles, about half way through my normal cycle for the rest of the front end.

I'm going to an Antirock this winter but the JKS have served me well for the past 12 years. Just keep them lubed.

Reactions: DaveC
Sent RC to my whiz kid Cole for a final check up this year-

Rubi guys need to watch rear wheel stud length , for some reason. The rears , which are factory rear disc on Rubis, are short. Fixed that and did a rotation in the process.

Had 2 small freon leaks...fixed.

Transmission service -done

Sway bar wanting to slide left..we see this on here occasionally....he showed me a cool mod, clamshell collar next to the frame bushing so it can't drift. Made sure axles are centered.

He's checking 2 control arm bushings tomorrow and giving me some special blend fluid hack for the NV 3550 in my '03. Knowing him , it's going to be yellow metal safe and good. This kid misses nothing and can track down anything...goes into a PCM and chases leads to find shorts, etc.

I took the '03 after church to get some roll on bedliner for some added protection detailing I plan to do where shoes hit the tub in the door openings toward the front. Might as well take this one all the way.

My lighted cupholders "coded red" on the way home ...started flashing red as an indicator they need charged. I called 911.

Still thinking about an LJ/LJR, just not seeing many.