What did you do to your TJ today?

Time to get the party started!!!

20210219_181003.jpg

Color is misty lava (powdercoat) and is a really good match to cyber grey metallic (paint) which im using for my accents

20210218_175828.jpg
20200801_034540_01.jpg
20200922_130508.jpg

Last edited:
Went out and got some mud on my tires exploring up around Tellico Plains in the Cherokee NF off of the Cherohala Skyway.
You may notice my winch plate without a winch. I'm working on restoring my dad's old Warn 8274...and I'm not done yet...but I have the proper mount.

IMG_3412.JPG

Topped out at Whigg Meadow, a bald at nearly 5,000ft.
IMG_3370.JPG

Stop at the gate and walk about 1/4 mile to this view.
IMG_3377 (2).JPG

There was some heavy cloud cover earlier and that meant hoar frost in the trees...
IMG_3396 (2).JPG

And then knocked out a quick painting at Indian Boundary Lake...a small 6"x8" oil painting
IMG_3360.JPG

Then caught the sunset in Tellico Plains.
IMG_3448 (2).JPG

Yeah buddy. I'm either going to talk to Dave about the unichip tune they have been testing out lately in his LJ or do a mobile tune with FRPtuning in Houston for initial baseline and then take it in person for a dyno for more fine tuning experience.

That is awesome! Will look forward to your updates.

Reactions: Tldelaney
Looks like me and @rhanna were in the same boat....with ignition issues...well the cavalry came early ....thought I was going too have to wait till after the weekend for get my new ignition switch but it came Friday so fitted it Friday night after work....top off doors off today.☀️
switch.jpg

Got my new American Racing wheels mounted up with some second hand duratracs I scored (until I can afford a shiny new set). Looks so much better now!

View attachment 227538
I was cruising around the North Shore today...doors off top down.. Did you get your new shoes on Trade me ?

Went out and got some mud on my tires exploring up around Tellico Plains in the Cherokee NF off of the Cherohala Skyway.
You may notice my winch plate without a winch. I'm working on restoring my dad's old Warn 8274...and I'm not done yet...but I have the proper mount.

View attachment 227664

Topped out at Whigg Meadow, a bald at nearly 5,000ft.
View attachment 227668

Stop at the gate and walk about 1/4 mile to this view.
View attachment 227669

There was some heavy cloud cover earlier and that meant hoar frost in the trees...
View attachment 227671

And then knocked out a quick painting at Indian Boundary Lake...a small 6"x8" oil painting
View attachment 227672

Then caught the sunset in Tellico Plains.
View attachment 227675
your basically making me a list of places to go exploring lol

I did my first real project on my TJ and my first real work on a car or truck ever. I changed the rear differential fluid and installed a lube locker gasket. I know this isn’t high end mechanical work and it is everyday or mundane to many of you but it was a big first step for me.

Encouragement and advice from this forum told me I could buy a Jeep and do some work on it. This was the first project and it went very well so thanks to those that helped along the way. I actually don’t know how well it worked because I cannot test the seal since there is snow and water and salt on the roads here so the Jeep stays in the garage for now.

Cleaned up cover, case and buttoned up at the end:

5608451E-D44F-45E5-A481-C2EC59978609.jpeg9A69B07D-A405-4210-826E-89DF7682E044.jpegE38F829E-2966-45ED-9F2A-498FD3540D2B.jpeg

I did my first real project on my TJ and my first real work on a car or truck ever. I changed the rear differential fluid and installed a lube locker gasket. I know this isn’t high end mechanical work and it is everyday or mundane to many of you but it was a big first step for me.

Encouragement and advice from this forum told me I could buy a Jeep and do some work on it. This was the first project and it went very well so thanks to those that helped along the way. I actually don’t know how well it worked because I cannot test the seal since there is snow and water and salt on the roads here so the Jeep stays in the garage for now.

Cleaned up cover, case and buttoned up at the end:

View attachment 227789View attachment 227790View attachment 227791
Good job! This is just the beginning, there’s lots more you can do yourself.