What did you do to your TJ today?

I have no clue haha. Never had an experience with boats like that.
35E9DFB1-4B3E-426B-9CD4-2829BDCFB934.png

Reactions: John Cooper
Is there a good resource for explaining the difference in the various types of summer tops? Bikini vs Bimimi vs?
The one that looks most what I want is the alien sunshade. Is there a USA made version?
Alien sunshade all the way and leave in place when either top is on.

Reactions: Fonz54
Is there a good resource for explaining the difference in the various types of summer tops? Bikini vs Bimimi vs?
The one that looks most what I want is the alien sunshade. Is there a USA made version?
A Bimini is a boat shade top adapted to suite a 4x4 soft top hard top swappable vehicle Bikini is just another name, Best Top Trek top is a Bimini/Bikini top when you take out the windows, a shade top is just that a piece of shade cloth to fit your jeep,
Alien is a US small business and almost everything is made in China but with Alien they speak to you if you contact them :)
Bimini/Bikini top gives a fastback or coup look to an otherwise square looking soft top.

Reactions: Hog
Replaced the ignition switch and ignition switch actuator this morning. Family drove over the a friends house yesterday and when we went to leave couldn't start the Jeep. I tried to jump it and nothing. Called my brother-in-law that's more mechanically inclined and asked if there was a switch or something that could normally keep the Jeep from turning over. He came over with a good battery and we swapped that but still didn't get the engine to turn over. He hot wired the starter and we were able to drive home. He thought it was the starter but after researching this site and doing some tests with a multimeter it seemed that the starter wasn't getting any power. As soon as I pulled the actuator off of the switch I heard something fall out and could tell the actuator was broken. It was a little bit of a pain to get the two new pieces together but this fix was not difficult. After reading how common that is to break I'll buy a spare from amazon so I don't have to pay as much as the local box store.

Finished the OME HD lift. InstallEd the JKS quick discos as well.
Don’t notice any driveline issues at all. Little bumpy though. Not sure if it’s just the stiff shocks, the HD springs, being new or not having any weight in the back.

i’ll have to experiment with it a bit. Maybe once I put a different rear bumper on any of my tools loaded up in the back it will smooth it out. And it might settle a bit.

View attachment 220425View attachment 220426View attachment 220427
What lift height did you choose and what size tires are you running? Nice looking rig.

Drove it in the snow only to have people ask me if i thought I was safe in it LOL Guess 4x4 and big mud terrain tires is not safe looking.

Reactions: John Cooper
I
What lift height did you choose and what size tires are you running? Nice looking rig.
I went with the OME HD lift but swapped out the OME shocks for some rancho 5000x instead. With just a soft top, stock bumper and no weight in the rear the were stiff. I have them for sale.
The front shocks were fine with the weight of the aftermarket bumper and winch.

I ordered some 3/4” specters for the front that I have not put in. I want just a bit less rake.

Tires are General Grabbers x3 in 31x10.5/15

Real happy with them. Went out last weekend and they handled mud, rain and snow really good.

Reactions: RHP61 and Kiwi TJ