What did you do to your TJ today?

Still kinda doing shake down on mine since still new to me and not a DD.

Me and little one took a 3 hour ride around the Smokys

I have realized I need to find a phone mounting solution for navigation purposes.
Here you go!!
20210131_114530_copy_800x600.jpg
20210131_114544_copy_800x600.jpg

By my calculations you could hold another 50 pounds no problem. I had 26 40 pound pellet bags piled in the back of mine, only a slight squat.

View attachment 231691
Yep. hauled pellets too. You are limited by what size tank you can find.
Oddly enough there isn't a huge market for 100 gallon tanks sized to fit in the back of a TJ. :ROFLMAO:
Nice to see I am not the only one who uses the "utility" in sport utility vehicle !!!

Reactions: Blondie70
Seemed to do everything twice today. Injector connector plug stuck under the fuel rail on reinstall so unbolted/rebolted that. Then later, I forgot to check for a reasonable caster angle spot on the diff for reference to the recent alignment check numbers. Lifted the axle, wheels came off, then remembered - so reverse then repeat....

Got the rear yoke on the SS SYE using the my new Precision Instruments torque wrench. Getting to 200 lb. ft. took throwing the 24" monkey wrench I have for steering adjustments onto the yoke and using the floor to keep the drivetrain from turning. (y)

Because USPS can't deliver on its promises (pun intended), the UCF 1/4" aluminum TT went in without the front yoke (waiting on the seal that was SUPPOSED to come today).

Started in on the front for the suspension lift. To my surprise, the JKS ACOS spacers weren't rusted in place. Couple hits with the dead blow and it was on the floor! Hoping the rear is the same.

Seemed to do everything twice today. Injector connector plug stuck under the fuel rail on reinstall so unbolted/rebolted that. Then later, I forgot to check for a reasonable caster angle spot on the diff for reference to the recent alignment check numbers. Lifted the axle, wheels came off, then remembered - so reverse then repeat....

Got the rear yoke on the SS SYE using the my new Precision Instruments torque wrench. Getting to 200 lb. ft. took throwing the 24" monkey wrench I have for steering adjustments onto the yoke and using the floor to keep the drivetrain from turning. (y)

Because USPS can't deliver on its promises (pun intended), the UCF 1/4" aluminum TT went in without the front yoke (waiting on the seal that was SUPPOSED to come today).

Started in on the front for the suspension lift. To my surprise, the JKS ACOS spacers weren't rusted in place. Couple hits with the dead blow and it was on the floor! Hoping the rear is the same.

did you go with the no body lift UCF skid? The Aluminum looks swell but man is it $$$.

what spring lift are you going with?

Last edited:
I've been gathering information on fixing what might be a sagging rear spring on my LJ's passenger side. I did know my rear jounce stops were gone and saw wetness on the passenger side shock. I had already received the new jounce stop, so I ordered shocks (Rancho RS5000Xs).

Thursday I replaced the dry-rotted, missing jounce stops in the rear coils.
Today new shocks arrived so I removed the red boots, masked the shafts, and sanded down the bodies. Painted them with a couple coats of Rustoleum satin black.

Between coats I added some Sylvania LEDs to my footwell lights. Those were ok. However, I tried adding the same brand of LEDs to my backup lights, and no, they were not good. I didn't even put the lens cover on because compared to the regular bulb on the opposite side, they were just weak.

So if you're at the big box store getting spray paint and think you want to get these for your backups, don't.

20210306_181010.jpg

Antwon
I would be really interested in what you find and some of the details of where/how you make your choices
I Would like to go with 4:10s
I’m just north of Sac

Fixed a small leak in the transmission cooler hose, then decided to go ahead and install that transmission temp gauge and sensor I bought last year. I installed it in-line rather than in the pan.

Reactions: RHP61 and Kiwi TJ