What did you do to your TJ today?

Got new shoes.
IMG_2385[1].JPG

Dropped it off at a mechanic for frame repair and diagnosis. Still having loss of power and stumble on acceleration and rough idle. Putting new metal on the middle section of the frame. Putting a Savvy Shifter Cable in while he has everything apart.

Reactions: L J
Im trying to replace my one piece '99 console:

View attachment 235949

(Note the front square hole that houses the airbag switch.)

With a later model 2 piece. With subwoofer. With the front coin tray with what appears like the same size square hole:

View attachment 235950

Trying to figure out if that coin tray hole will fit the airbag switch. Otherwise im just going to keep the airbag switch wired and try to tuck it under the front of the console or up under the dash.

Either way. The consoles are a quagmire to understand. I wish someone that knew did a pic heavy how to on exchanging them.
I have no idea on that. I was looking at the full one and then the 2 piece deal. Jeep kept changing the design like every month it seems. I'm pretty sure you can swap a bezel for the airbag switch in that one. (If not, I've seen people 3D print some amazing things for out TJs and (my XJ)
I was looking at the Tuffys 2 piece console, similar in the OEM one. But I'm liking the bigger separation in between on the "Rear Only" console.

Finally changed the stereo on my 2001 TJ that I’ve owned since new. Sony media player head unit, 4 x Polk speakers and Pioneer sub - can’t believe I waited soo long, I didn’t realise how much better it could sound.
The quality of the Bluetooth phone integration as good as any I’ve heard.
Sub fits under the seat by the skin of its teeth. Happy days
63861F17-0EDB-43C5-89BD-DE825410D6F5.jpegC8540A71-B6A3-41F0-A4F2-C9411B03E230.jpeg3B0096FA-E63D-486F-BE24-7B6DF6C8B4C4.jpeg9719B2E8-F73B-46ED-8E81-FA190EA6C6F9.jpegB56941CF-61B2-4C6B-8DE4-8801AC35880F.jpeg

Reactions: Mudflat
Exact setup I have except the axles and hubs. But 4.56 with TT is a great daily driving setup.
Thanks. I know that there are at least 100 different ways to do this, but for our application, I thought this was the best bang for the buck.
Changing the front hubs was an afterthought. The guy called me after the job started & suggested I change them because he could get them for $89.00 each & there would be no additional labor cost. That way everything will be new.

Reactions: Irun
Thanks. I know that there are at least 100 different ways to do this, but for our application, I thought this was the best bang for the buck.
Changing the front hubs was an afterthought. The guy called me after the job started & suggested I change them because he could get them for $89.00 each & there would be no additional labor cost. That way everything will be new.
I don’t think that’s a bad idea at all. I’d probably should have done new rear axles when I upgraded but since they aren’t broke, I’m letting them be. One day, I’ll change to rear disc brakes and get them done at that time.

Reactions: Mudflat
Is this top actually going to fit? It seems SUPER tight already. I was only able to lock one of the Sunrider pins.

View attachment 238785
Attach the rear corners first, leaving the windshield latches unhooked. After time in the sun, you'll still need to pull the frame forward and do a little finagling to get those pins in. Mine's a bear even after sitting in the sun.

I have a manual but I thought this was tried many times and no one figured it out.
I think it was not figured out and people quit trying is more like it.

I didn’t know it wasn’t possible so I did it. Works flawlessly...its in the How To now.