What did you do to your TJ today?

The pre-2003 factory skids suck in my opinion. I have an 05' Rubicon skid that I've snipped 1" out of and have tack welded back together. I wanna bolt it in place and make sure it lines up before making it permanent. I'm also gonna pull the rear axle and shine it up a bit, and relocate my rear perches. Figured it just makes it easier if the tanks out for it anyway. 😁
Sounds like you have some fun ahead. Make sure you post some pics.

Reactions: Vasq
Cleaned er up and took it to the mall! :) My mom laughed when I pulled up in the Jeep to my folks place for Mothers day haha

20210509_151629.jpg

I mounted a 5 pin chassis plug with waterproof cap on the passenger side of the console so I could easily plug in/remove my Cobra 75 WX ST microphone - out of sight, less likely to get "removed" by someone besides myself. The larger plug cap above it is a USB charge port.
Can you share pics & details of the USB charging port? I'm looking to put one in and am looking for options for placement, etc. How hard was it to install? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

OK I'll bite. What is this?
steering gear skid (savvy)

that.

It's the third one I've had. The first was integral to a heavy old Body Armor bumper that was on my TJ when I bought it. I dropped it on rocks enough times to know that I needed a skid there when I switched to a stubby Warn bumper that didn't have an integral skid.

I ran the Warn for about a year, but when I started looking into an Anti-Rock I discovered that some people have clearance issues with steering skids that use the steering box mounting bolts. The extra thickness of the skid pushes the bolts out just enough that they can touch the sway bar arm. The Savvy skid purposely does not use those bolts so it doesn't create that issue. So when I swapped rigs, I left the Warn skid on the TJ and got this Savvy for the LJ. It's been sitting in my garage for a good 2-3 months while I've been taking care of other aspects of the build. I'm in that phase where the last 10% of the build takes just as long as the first 90% because it's a bunch of little stuff like this.

Reactions: Vasq
that.

It's the third one I've had. The first was integral to a heavy old Body Armor bumper that was on my TJ when I bought it. I dropped it on rocks enough times to know that I needed a skid there when I switched to a stubby Warn bumper that didn't have an integral skid.

I ran the Warn for about a year, but when I started looking into an Anti-Rock I discovered that some people have clearance issues with steering skids that use the steering box mounting bolts. The extra thickness of the skid pushes the bolts out just enough that they can touch the sway bar arm. The Savvy skid purposely does not use those bolts so it doesn't create that issue. So when I swapped rigs, I left the Warn skid on the TJ and got this Savvy for the LJ. It's been sitting in my garage for a good 2-3 months while I've been taking care of other aspects of the build. I'm in that phase where the last 10% of the build takes just as long as the first 90% because it's a bunch of little stuff like this.
We want pics of the build so far!

We want pics of the build so far!

build thread linked in my signature. (y)

I haven't updated it much in several weeks but it should start picking back up now. Doing a body lift and MML this week, should be installing savvy rocker guards after that, and then new tires. And in between it's going to look goofy as hell with 32" KO2's under a 4" suspension/1.25" body lift.

We put a soft top on the teenagers ride. Had to buy complete kit as it had a hard top. The instructions were vague and not well written.
I’m wondering if we did something wrong. I took the rubber gasket off the top of windshield as the bracket doe soft top would not fit properly. Was that wrong? The top seems to fit. Should I put the gasket back on?

98625AA0-5965-4671-9FF6-3C3928AA1EEE.jpeg

We put a soft top on the teenagers ride. Had to buy complete kit as it had a hard top. The instructions were vague and not well written.
I’m wondering if we did something wrong. I took the rubber gasket off the top of windshield as the bracket doe soft top would not fit properly. Was that wrong? The top seems to fit. Should I put the gasket back on?

View attachment 251358
The gasket seals out wind and rain, without it I would think it would rattle when you’re driving it.

Reactions: MangoTango
The gasket seals out wind and rain, without it I would think it would rattle when you’re driving it.
We drove it after and it didn't seem to. I can put it back on, we were just not sure as the front bar didn't seem to sit correctly when it was there.