What did you do to your TJ today?

Sweet! Love old Jeeps and Bugs. Guess I like my cars like my women- older, classic, and whenever I see them my heart beats faster.

TMI !
200.gif

I swapped the deep-dish 15" bullet holes and Wrangler 35/12.50 MT's for a set of plasti-dipped 17" JK sports on 33" BFG ATs. Then went to work on de-dipping them. The ride is remarkably better! Last big-ticket projects (for now) are getting a tail-pipe and taking out the 3" body lift. Also ordered some replacement OEM flares and used some Garner Bender flex-tube to wrap the sound bar wires and zip-tied it to the B-pillar rollbar. They were exposed after stripping off the dry-rotted rollbar padding.

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

I swapped the deep-dish 15" bullet holes and Wrangler 35/12.50 MT's for a set of plasti-dipped 17" JK sports on 33" BFG ATs. Then went to work on de-dipping them. The ride is remarkably better! Last big-ticket projects (for now) are getting a tail-pipe and taking out the 3" body lift. Also ordered some replacement OEM flares and used some Garner Bender flex-tube to wrap the sound bar wires and zip-tied it to the B-pillar rollbar. They were exposed after stripping off the dry-rotted rollbar padding.

View attachment 261321
View attachment 261322
View attachment 261323
it's gonna look so good with that BL out of there. You dropping to 1" or just taking it out altogether?

it's gonna look so good with that BL out of there. You dropping to 1" or just taking it out altogether?
Planning to pull it out entirely. It's already got a 4" skyjacker suspension lift as well so it's 7" of total lift and you can tell. No idea what the coke addict PO was thinking but it's like driving on stilts.

It amazes me the time and effort to reverse the work done prior, to change a jeep to something more drivable and better looking. At one point did everyone think the only way to go was up and run 35's
Couldn't agree more. TJ's are a remarkable vehicle and incredibly capable on their own terms. I've listed it for sale a couple of times because I feel conflicted about tearing out all of this equipment that someone else might want, but it's clear most of the market feels the same way I do. Not practical, especially not for a 2.5L.

Planning to pull it out entirely. It's already got a 4" skyjacker suspension lift as well so it's 7" of total lift and you can tell. No idea what the coke addict PO was thinking but it's like driving on stilts.
Don't be hatin' - Maybe he liked doing deep water crossings....

;)

• Haha
Reactions: jrmcafee

View attachment 261321
View attachment 261322
View attachment 261323
How much lift do you need for 17" JK wheels/tires? they are 2 a penny in Australia at the moment!