What did you do to your TJ today?

I feel your pain brother! Mine is going on this weekend. Sad days.
I was going to say why would anyone in California need a hard top, but I see that you are in northern CA. Yup, it's a sad day when you can't just drop the top on a moment's notice until Spring...

I was going to say why would anyone in California need a hard top, but I see that you are in northern CA. Yup, it's a sad day when you can't just drop the top on a moment's notice until Spring...

Yessir, NorCal weather is a different animal. We get all 4 seasons up here. 20's in the winter months, 110 in the summer, and everything in between.

We do get rain, contrary to popular belief :D Hell, last year was a record year; flooding, dams breaking, crazy snow depths, water everywhere.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Started rehabbing the Warn Dana 35 cover @Cisco Kid gave mebin exchange for the Radio/CD Player. So cool of him!
IMG_7022.JPG

IMG_7024.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG
Started to clean up the rust around the area my shock pins go. Got my new parts and hoping to get my jeep up and running tomorrow. I had to stop because I didn't know how to switch out wire heads when I wore down the one. I now know how to change them but it gets dark quick and the garage isn't emptied out yet:(

Reactions: Cisco Kid
I hear you on the getting dark quick Kathy- I live in Wisconsin also. June is awesome with light until 10 pm and starting at 4:30am but from now til late April---it stinks if you don't have a shop. I do not have one right now because 95 days ago 3 massive white pines went thru my roof.:(

I hear you on the getting dark quick Kathy- I live in Wisconsin also. June is awesome with light until 10 pm and starting at 4:30am but from now til late April---it stinks if you don't have a shop. I do not have one right now because 95 days ago 3 massive white pines went thru my roof.:(
Oh well that stinks! Don't let @Dave K. hear that. We are in the planning stages for a workshop and he wants to cut down 4 giant oak trees that will be near the shop. The builder was nervous about the trees, but I hate to cut them down, but hearing this, makes me think it's probably the smart thing. I try to make the most of daylight for now. Hope you're your shop back son!

Reactions: StG58
IMG_2537.JPG
Today I got stuck. And today I realized how badly I need lockers (not that I didn't need them before). Bfg KO2s are garbage in mud. Can't wait for some 33s. Wish I had the money to buy them now. Got my bumper back on thanks to friend with a mig. Both nuts had broken off that hold the bumper and tow hooks on the left side. Glad to have my winch on again finally as well.

Oh well that stinks! Don't let @Dave K. hear that. We are in the planning stages for a workshop and he wants to cut down 4 giant oak trees that will be near the shop. The builder was nervous about the trees, but I hate to cut them down, but hearing this, makes me think it's probably the smart thing. I try to make the most of daylight for now. Hope you're your shop back son!
They are Poppell or Bass wood trees whatever you call them there soft wood and drop branches all the time. They are also so big I would think they are coming to there end in the next ten years. And there is no way I want to try it then with the shed there. I will be 35 feet up before there are any branches and the trees are 6 -8 feet in circumference. Will be a challenge for sure and a bit sketchy.

View attachment 22638 Today I got stuck. And today I realized how badly I need lockers (not that I didn't need them before). Bfg KO2s are garbage in mud. Can't wait for some 33s. Wish I had the money to buy them now. Got my bumper back on thanks to friend with a mig. Both nuts had broken off that hold the bumper and tow hooks on the left side. Glad to have my winch on again finally as well.
Oops! Not sure 33's and lockers would get you through that without some momentum at the start.

View attachment 22638 Today I got stuck. And today I realized how badly I need lockers (not that I didn't need them before). Bfg KO2s are garbage in mud. Can't wait for some 33s. Wish I had the money to buy them now. Got my bumper back on thanks to friend with a mig. Both nuts had broken off that hold the bumper and tow hooks on the left side. Glad to have my winch on again finally as well.
Oops! Not sure 33's and lockers would get you through that without some momentum at the start.
Technique > brute force. That mess is going to need tires, lift, scouting and a winch.

Reactions: Tj04
Not that it would be easy with just those. But the bfg tires alone are absosutley horrible. some mud tires should help substantially though. Isntantly they turn into mud slicks. I'd prefer to just jump right to 35s but budget doesn't permit.

The front end dipped much lower than that getting pulled out. Considering a snorkel especially if I need to use brute force to get thru stuff like that.. My friend with 35 swampers just does circles around my jeep in this mud haha. It was the shallowest point, before he went thru it :D

I ended up getting stuck in the bronco in front of me's rut and instantly got stuck.

Also my new hood louver is visible in the photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58
They are Poppell or Bass wood trees whatever you call them there soft wood and drop branches all the time. They are also so big I would think they are coming to there end in the next ten years. And there is no way I want to try it then with the shed there. I will be 35 f theeet up before there are any branches and the trees are 6 -8 feet in circumference. Will be a challenge for sure and a bit sketchy.
Cut them down( sorry Kathy), if they are popple they will be down in 5-10 for sure. My white pines were probably 100 ft tall and at least 2/3 their lifespan until straight line winds did them in. 3 acres of mess. About 80k of damage not counting tools.