What did you do to your TJ today?

Sadly it is :(
One of the compromises made to get a bigger house with a functional floorplan, the house going up next door has a 3 car garage but a smaller floor plan and weird flow
We did however pay extra for 8ft tall garage door openings (the F250 will fit) an extra 4 ft of depth and full insulation and finished door and walls

Last edited:
Finally got around to swapping out poly bumpstop extensions upfront to the softer oem style ones. I have 2” pucks so the extensions were robbing me of uptravel. Like all tasks “easy and fast” with the TJ, what seemed to be a fairly quick job took a couple hours. Without removing the springs, I had to wrestle the old bumpstops out then they wouldn’t fit between the coils so after failed attempts to cut them with a sawzall and drill bit, I caved and made a Home Depot run to pick up an oscillating tool. And even then the hard poly put up a good fight. I do still have to address the rears and add bumpstop to the lower perches.
B10B06A9-3820-41F6-9F9E-1CC408BAA54C.jpeg

B4AEA2B1-5D05-49D4-827C-170A99F0D850.jpeg

414F314D-A3FB-4B4D-A9B6-580835853120.jpeg

B1C3CBCD-B16A-4983-B6C3-C0111CAD3509.jpeg

After that, built myself a DIY door hanger (from Wayalife). Just have to find a place to hang it.
A214118A-E34D-4846-B037-6E8CF47A1CA8.jpeg

And earlier this week, did the license plate mount delete.
8B326536-8B07-4415-9EAD-F61252DCA5DE.jpeg

Nicely done, what do you use? I use simple green but it still seems to require much effort lol
I used a little bit of Simply Green, and some Wax n Grease remover...finished it up with a 'smidge' (technical term) of ArmorAll as I didn't want it too shiny.
It did take a bit of this stuff too though lol
Rowdy-stickers-elbowgrease.jpg

Took it for a ride and saw something tiny in the middle of the road. I stopped, put the hazards on and found this. I couldn't see any nest so I put him away from the road where there was a puddle and some bugs. :)
View attachment 273851
Wait - You have a heart ???

Swapped out the oil pressure sending unit. Went back with Mopar. The most difficult part of this was getting the plug off the old one.

Pressures back to normal, & I'm back jeeping.

View attachment 273947
Jeeps are so simple to work on even a techie can do it!!!!!!!!! :cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: just poking fun! Go Dawgs!

Spent the weekend in Disney, OK. Water levels were significantly lower than they were this time last year, so water wasn't the factor I expected it to be. We did still find some decent crossings, but no signs of water related trouble in the trans...no way to know for certain that moving the breather had any effect, but that's the paradox. You can only ever know if not moving it caused a problem, or if moving it caused a problem. Hard to prove the inverse.

IMG_2526.jpg

Got into a little trouble a couple times, each time going over an obstacle I had previously cleared w/o issue. The worst such time involved somehow getting ON my front driveshaft, which may have created a balance problem. Coming home, I there is a low rumble in the front area, and that's my first area of investigation. Also hit my new trans pan pretty hard at some point, but seems to still seal ok.

I may have overfilled the trans too. It was reading low, added a quart, and from that point forward I started puking up ATF from my new breather. But puking up ATF has been reported by some people who moved their breather, so not sure cause vs effect just yet. I drove it around for a week, and 5 hours up to OK, and then 8 hrs on the trail w/o any puke, only after I added atf. I suspect I misread the dipstick and/or was on an incline.

I have 3 days off this week, can't wait to find out what else I broke.

Spent the weekend in Disney, OK. Water levels were significantly lower than they were this time last year, so water wasn't the factor I expected it to be. We did still find some decent crossings, but no signs of water related trouble in the trans...no way to know for certain that moving the breather had any effect, but that's the paradox. You can only ever know if not moving it caused a problem, or if moving it caused a problem. Hard to prove the inverse.

View attachment 274003

Got into a little trouble a couple times, each time going over an obstacle I had previously cleared w/o issue. The worst such time involved somehow getting ON my front driveshaft, which may have created a balance problem. Coming home, I there is a low rumble in the front area, and that's my first area of investigation. Also hit my new trans pan pretty hard at some point, but seems to still seal ok.

I may have overfilled the trans too. It was reading low, added a quart, and from that point forward I started puking up ATF from my new breather. But puking up ATF has been reported by some people who moved their breather, so not sure cause vs effect just yet. I drove it around for a week, and 5 hours up to OK, and then 8 hrs on the trail w/o any puke, only after I added atf. I suspect I misread the dipstick and/or was on an incline.

I have 3 days off this week, can't wait to find out what else I broke.

THAT is an awesome pic !

Reactions: Irun
THAT is an awesome pic !
Thanks!! The worst part is that as I was climbing that, all I could think about was how to get the best photo. And in the meanwhile the jeep ahead of my got through a really tricky section and I didn't get to see his line at all. Next time we do that run I want a drone capturing footage...it's maybe a 300 yard loop, but its kinda silly the route you have to take to do it. An overhead video would be amazeballs.

Tidy! I like it!

ah well, I’ve already cut a hole in the panel to the right haha.

I spy a leather gear boot, I’ve been thinking about doing one for mine too
Thanks. I liked the look too. I’m only using the one on the left to run a 22” light bar that I took off of the F-350 that I sold, but the other 3 are run through the firewall & neatly tied up in wire looms & numbered in case I want to use any of them in the future.
The gear shift boot came with the Jeep when I bought it a year ago.

15BBD04B-E275-4317-92F0-04971DDB9FAC.jpeg