What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed my stubbified front bumper.
20210901_104815.jpg

Nothing, I have done nothing to my TJ in over a week. 😢 Haven’t even driven it as life has been stupid busy. I also got to see my bookface feed completely lit up with Smoky Mountain Jeep invasion pictures all weekend; 50 minutes away and I didn’t make it. Tomorrow is a new day, hoping to at least drive it, haven’t been on the forum daily, so I have saved quite a bit of money! 😂

Nothing, I have done nothing to my TJ in over a week. 😢 Haven’t even driven it as life has been stupid busy. I also got to see my bookface feed completely lit up with Smoky Mountain Jeep invasion pictures all weekend; 50 minutes away and I didn’t make it. Tomorrow is a new day, hoping to at least drive it, haven’t been on the forum daily, so I have saved quite a bit of money! 😂
At least go sit in it for 5min.

Have no fear we enjoyed the Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion!!!!!!!

Sometimes the best tools are the ones you make yourself:

3ef.JPG

3f0.JPG
3f1.JPG

The fan was not "stuck", but it was "stuck enough" to where the pulley wouldn't hold still from belt tension. I would have bought a tool like this local, but as is the ever-ongoing problem with brick and mortar; nobody had one. And they're expensive, so rather than order and wait on one, I hacked this one out of some angle I had lying about. Once the tool was made, the fan spun off without any drama whatsoever. In any event, the necessary hoses are off the old WP, the serpentine belt has been partially removed, and only the WP pulley needs to come off before I unbolt the pump itself. WP pulley seems to be stuck on too, but I was out of time for the day so I didn't try very hard to get it off. Had to Henna my hair, which takes 6 hours.

3/8" holes on 2-1/4" centers if anyone's wondering...

BTW, what's up with this pop rivet in the fan blade?:
3f3.JPG

Something to do with balancing the fan at the factory, or some PO baloney?

This reminds me of something my late father was fond of saying:

A tool...
In the hands of a fool...
Becomes not a tool...
But a duel!
Between the fool, and the tool.

Yea, I've "dueled" with tools a few times - I usually lose...

Last edited:
Sometimes the best tools are the ones you make yourself:

View attachment 274448

View attachment 274449View attachment 274450

The fan was not "stuck", but it was "stuck enough" to where the pulley wouldn't hold still from belt tension. I would have bought a tool like this local, but as is the ever-ongoing problem with brick and mortar; nobody had one. And they're expensive, so rather than order and wait on one, I hacked this one out of some angle I had lying about. Once the tool was made, the fan spun off without any drama whatsoever. In any event, the necessary hoses are off the old WP, the serpentine belt has been partially removed, and only the WP pulley needs to come off before I unbolt it the pump itself. WP pulley seems to be stuck on too, but I was out of time for the day so I didn't try very hard to get it off. Had to Henna my hair, which takes 6 hours.

BTW, what's up with this pop rivet in the fan blade?:
View attachment 274452
Something to do with balancing the fan at the factory, or some PO baloney?

This reminds me of something my late father was fond of saying:

A tool...
In the hands of a fool...
Becomes not a tool...
But a duel!
Between the fool, and the tool.

Yea, I've "dueled" with tools a few times - I usually lose...
I’ve always heard its for balancing.

Reactions: Zorba
installed new 4 hole injectors and cleaned my throttle body. Friend bought the injectors to replace the ones in his Jeep. When he pulled the first one out he discovered that he already had 4 hole injectors. So we just installed them in mine. And from the looks of mine it was a good thing to do.

Identified at least one ATF leak, that blasted dipstick o-ring. At least I have one on hand already.

Also pulled the front shaft, which I think may be giving me some rumble up front. Maybe because I spun it on the rocks because it seemed like the thing to do.

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

QUOTE="FarminAg, post: 950801, member: 31422"]
you get all this installed? I'm interested in a ECGS 489 as well.
[/QUOTE]

I did, everything works great! They sent 4.88 gears for the Dana 30 when I ordered 4.56 gears, but they sent out the correct gears right away and I had them in a few days. Great customer service.

Filled it up and pounded the pavement in her!! Also swallowed my pride and ordered a mopar seat back release cable for $122 😩😩. My janky repair job made it one year, I’ll be ordering a second one in time for my driver seat. Not a big deal if the seats work during summer, but when the top is on during the cold it becomes a problem.

Last edited: