What did you do to your TJ today?

Over a couple weekends (not my DD) replaced the worn and tired ball joints with Spicer ball joints along with replacing the worn out tie-rod, drag link with a Currie and while I had all the front end ripped apart thought it was worth while to install Revolution chromoly axles with Spicer u-joints.

IMG_9419.jpg

IMG_9421.jpg

IMG_9434.jpg

IMG_9437.jpg

IMG_9440.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

IMG_9409.jpg

IMG_9410.jpg

IMG_9411.jpg

IMG_9431.jpg

IMG_9435.jpg

IMG_9495.jpg

IMG_9498.jpg

Put on a Bestop twill replace-a-top. Didn’t go on easy because it was in the 20’s today and they recommend doing it when it’s 72 out. A carefully placed electric space heater in the back seat took care of that and I got it to stretch out enough.
How do you like the quality of the twill? Worth the extra $$$?

Gave up on 12VoltGuy and started to build my own switch panel. Still need some hardware but this should work nicely. Biggest challenge is that my harbor freight bending brake only allows bends up to a certain angle and need it to go another 10 degrees or so. But that section should be hid behind the bezel so maybe it doesn't even matter.

1643033601046.png

How do you like the quality of the twill? Worth the extra $$$?
Only time can tell that.
p.s. I hate seeing Amazon reviews telling everyone about the great quality and fit of their Pavement Ends top, minutes after installing it. Let it flap around for a year first before posting a review. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Went to a hot rod show a couple weekends ago and this CJ Scrambler was in the car park....very clean and nicely done.
View attachment 304540

I just saw the answer to "What is Salt Club?" but I need to know, what is a car park?

I'm really hoping it's like a Dog Park, where so many people take their dogs, no matter what breed, to play and have fun with other dogs, and FWIW, I wish they called the places I go in my Jeep the Off Road Park, Yeah, I would prefer Jeep Park but there's usually several other breeds there as well.

Only time can tell that.
p.s. I hate seeing Amazon reviews telling everyone about the great quality and fit of their Pavement Ends top, minutes after installing it. Let it flap around for a year first before posting a review. :rolleyes:
I had a rampage on the YJ I bought new. It's nice at first. clean, the windows are clear, good fit, etc. I had nothing to compare it to. 1 year later it's faded grey, hazy windows, an a zipper stuck already. 3 years later multiple zippers stuck, leaks all over, and flaps in the wind like crazy. When I sold the YJ, the soft uppers would fill with water between the fabric layers, zippers were all broken, and a seam was coming undone.

Not worth it.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Over a couple weekends (not my DD) replaced the worn and tired ball joints with Spicer ball joints along with replacing the worn out tie-rod, drag link with a Currie and while I had all the front end ripped apart thought it was worth while to install Revolution chromoly axles with Spicer u-joints.

View attachment 304578

View attachment 304579

View attachment 304580

View attachment 304581

View attachment 304582

View attachment 304583

View attachment 304584

View attachment 304585

View attachment 304586

View attachment 304587

View attachment 304588

View attachment 304589

View attachment 304591
Sweet! Now lets get out and break it in, Big Bear in the snow??

Reactions: LarryTJ
I just saw the answer to "What is Salt Club?" but I need to know, what is a car park?

I'm really hoping it's like a Dog Park, where so many people take their dogs, no matter what breed, to play and have fun with other dogs, and FWIW, I wish they called the places I go in my Jeep the Off Road Park, Yeah, I would prefer Jeep Park but there's usually several other breeds there as well.
Car park = Parking lot.
Yeah just like a Dog park...Sometimes in the 'Car Park' we are allowed to take are Jeeps off the leash and let them run free for a bit, sniffing the rear of another 4x4 and let them take a leak of oil over a tree. lol

Last edited:
Ohhhh, the job just doubled or tripled. Gota love our TJ's! Before you take it some where, try a pair of needel nose pliers and see if you can wiggle it and get it loose.

Not sure of size or how many flutes (looks like 3) but this is the idea:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KGBBD6W/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I actually got it out, then it snapped way deeper.

Then my dipstick broke off in the tube. Yep. Mechanics exist for a reason.