What did you do to your TJ today?

Well I was supposed to go pick up some factory half doors with uppers that I found online.

We had arranged the time and place to meet up. I even offered to send them a deposit to hold them for me and so I could pick them up this evening. Mind you this all took place last night. He listed them for sale pretty late in the evening and I was the first one to offer to buy them

This morning he sent me a message saying he sold them to someone else instead because they offered him more money.

There is just no integrity with people anymore

I've had that happen. Poor business. The value of a handshake is all but gone these days. It's just disrespectful. I have turned away offers above asking because I committed to sell to someone before the higher offer came in. The good karma is worth more than a few extra dollars.

Had the idea of checking my alignment and I’m glad I did. Last time I adjusted things I went off of the mold line on my KM2’s(good enough to get me home). I was 1/4” toe out which definitely explains my steering wheel vibrations and some poor highway characteristics. Now it’s sitting at ~1/16” or more toe in. No vibrations and it’s much more comfortable at highway speeds. I spent $20 for materials and about 30 mins of my day to get this done.

View attachment 344560

That's my plan for today..

I took Levi to the shop to have them put on the new adjustable control arms and replace the bushings in the track bar. It will be nice not having all that clunking ! I will rebuild the rear sway bar myself as it is nothing to do. I am doing the XJ steering upgrade and Cherokee rear disc. too later on after I get back from Tenn. and I get all the parts together . After today I think it will be ready to drive anywhere. Would like to get the doors repainted before the end of this month but mainly want it running and driving right. It will be nice to have all the work done and be able to stand back and admire it and enjoy it.

For the upcoming weekend, any volunteers for help, 😆

image.jpg

Put the kayak up on it. :D
81941127-4051-49DB-A953-58B1CE19D378.jpeg

I have been wanting to go kayaking lately, but because of the homeless situation at the place I normally go, I haven't gone in a long time. I decided that since I get off work at 6am in the morning, I will go hit Negro Bar in Folsom after work. I feel a little safer there and feel my Jeep will be ok left alone for a bit. :D

The only thing I don't like about this set up is, I can't open the tailgate. Would be nice to be able to open it when you forget to load the paddle, dry bag, life vest, and cart to haul the kayak to the water. LOL

Wired up and ready to pull a Jetski tomorrow. We’ll see how this Warn bumper holds up! 😁

ps not all Warn bumpers are created equal. This was the only hitch I could find to fit the receiver. My other Warn bumper would allow any hitch to fit 😕 it’s not my favorite setup but it’ll work
DD8BA9F2-ED98-436B-96CD-3620D1011972.jpeg

Also put on my full doors for the first time in over 2yrs. Thinking this is the configuration I want to drive down to OBX next month. Half doors are great but I’m not a fan of them on longer trips.
6833B81D-4041-4E40-8963-F2104697F794.jpeg

Replaced my OPDA with a Crown. I was going to use the old camshaft sensor, but, my dog had other ideas. Removed the original OPDA and went in the house to have lunch, when I returned my Rottie was chewing on the sensor. Hope the Crown sensor works. 😫

I think you'll be fine... the Crown ones dont taste as good as the originals. :ROFLMAO: