What did you do to your TJ today?

Was going to replace the starter this afternoon when I got home(bendix is bad) but Sport had other plans 🤬 :mad:. On the way home, the brake pedal started getting real mushy. Pulled in the driveway and parked at the shop, did a walk around and brake fluid was dripping from the right rear. Pulled Sport into the shop and tore the right side down and the brake wheel cylinder was blown. Grab the wife and head to the parts store, she is whining about how much I have spent the last few weeks on Sport,

Get my part and on the way home, we get a text from our daughter who just lives up from us, the power is out 🤬🤬🤬

So needless to say, the brakes won't be done until after work today and then of course tomorrow will be test drive day 😁:mad::love:

Update: crazy angle but it’ll get us there! I’m surprised these old Currie springs didn’t seem to sag a bit
6FABA409-2F34-4335-AF8B-CD8F08F4F35C.jpeg

Well I didn't meet my 4 day goal to finish my Jeep. I could have probably slapped it together but I really don't want to take things apart twice to do work. So luckily I was able to get my old Jeep cut up and mostly out it with the trash and then move my welding table to make room for two jeeps in the left bay. If we need, I can put mine on wheel dollies and roll it right out no problem. I think the tranny swap will be better with the two others side by side.

PXL_20220722_172020079.jpg

Found the original issue with the dash cluster outage. The IOD circuit coming off the PDC was broken about 8 inches away. Someone attempted to fix it by back feeding off a hot wire in the steering column connector to the stereo. Did not like the solution and corrected. I will be replacing the wire loom on the wire harness next to the battery.

59524BEB-1209-46D4-B921-D7FA3D0F3179.jpeg

AF247C6E-6B03-45DD-AD95-DDCF58719C38.jpeg

Installed some rivnuts in my hard top lift gate because the old ones decided they’d had enough Jeep life. Made a bracket at work for the driver side because when I bought the Jeep it only had one working support and since my wife broke that a couple weeks back when we were at the beach I decided to fix em both. No more drifting lift gate to crack my skull on seems like a win to me.

DB9825DA-7108-4A83-9662-0BFACA5E541A.jpeg

904E7F2C-976A-47F2-83BB-8E56E2CC8D69.jpeg

Rekeyed the half doors to match full doors, installed and adjusted them.
Finally removed the hard top and installed the soft top. Discovered the seam on the top is coming apart 🤬. Fought the frame and door surround latch on the drivers side for about an hour, finally got it.
Replaced the latches on the upper sliders I picked up a couple weeks ago.
Now I just have to put the windows in, maybe tomorrow 😂 need a shower and I’m hungry.
F167F900-8012-4598-9C1E-99942CCA1F18.jpeg

1AEFB6C8-0FCD-407D-B450-BD15E71DF855.jpeg

Rekeyed the half doors to match full doors, installed and adjusted them.
Finally removed the hard top and installed the soft top. Discovered the seam on the top is coming apart 🤬. Fought the frame and door surround latch on the drivers side for about an hour, finally got it.
Replaced the latches on the upper sliders I picked up a couple weeks ago.
Now I just have to put the windows in, maybe tomorrow 😂 need a shower and I’m hungry.
View attachment 345088

View attachment 345089

Did you re-key your own? Do you have an instruction source?

So Installed the new Radiator with a flush, New pads and rotors and rewarded myself with a refreshing cold beer. Went on a test drive and returned home to a fresh puddle of brake fluid on the garage floor. Fck. It seems my crusty brake line in the right side decided to spring a leak. New Stainless lines on order.

20220721_191354.jpg

20220721_191403.jpg

20220721_204044.jpg