What did you do to your TJ today?

My weeds and critters love the rain too.;)
View attachment 347476
I see your squirrel and raise you a bobcat family.
9873EF89-A16C-4C99-8476-2964CC0A6139.jpeg

01AEB81D-9846-4413-9DF5-BF70802ABD7E.jpeg

I drove my Jeep today ;). Okay, not the most unique post - but it was to get it to the shop 80 miles away by 7am. Regear, air lockers, onboard air, Sway-locs, alloy shafts, and assorted switches should be installed by tomorrow evening. If they have time, I also have a CurrectLynk, normal Pitman arm, and a Savvy Suspension in que. New hardtop should be shipping this week. It hopefully will be coming together soon. Started this project last November, it's been a long process.

Only slightly depressing, nothing happening at the shop will be visibly changing the Jeep - all for performance.
—-
Somebody might find this funny. With my current gears, OD is basically worthless. So I was doing 75 on the interstate. My sterio needs to be upgraded eventually, having to run with it cabled to my phone. Was passing an 18 wheeler and the sound changed. For a few seconds I figured it was either the 18 wheeler, or maybe the pickup that had just passed me - but it did not change back imediately. Apparently my cell phone cable had snagged the shifter. Was now doing 75mph in 2nd gear... Not quite redline, but getting pretty close. I panicked at first, figured I had blown a vacume hose or something - then noticed the shift lever had moved.

Last edited:
Only slightly depressing, nothing happening at the shop will be visibly changing the Jeep - all for performance.
IMHO, that's not depressing that is the great part because you'll be driving and enjoying the performance improvements with every drive. That's a hell of a lot of stuff getting done. It's practically going to be a whole new TJ. Congrats 🍻

I love LA - Fairhope is nice. The coast area down there is nice. Mobile is the best town I found for roasted oysters.

WOW You had me worried for a bit when I read LA the first think that came to mind was Los Angles :eek: then I kept reading, because I thought who the hell loves Los Angles :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Replaced my fan clutch again (did it last June, it went bad and has been stuck at full speed). Went with the Hayden 2791 instead of 2771, cant tell if it’s quieter because I’m used to it screaming lately but its definitely not louder.

Tried the trick with a big adjustable wrench and a big hammer hitting it on top while turning, no luck. Ended up needing a rental pulley holding tool and a fuck ton of leverage on the end of the adjustable.

Nothing can beat some good leverage 👍🏻
1DE9938B-62B8-405F-9D27-77B8C8EAEDCC.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RINC