What did you do to your TJ today?

Spent the morning mocking up 14" coil overs.

PXL_20220731_201155596.jpg

I replaced my shifter and found out how easy the console was to take out. The console along with the seats is all that I need to get the carpet out. Man, I may be able to do it myself. Add another project to the to-do list when the weather cools off.

You can gut the insides in like 30 minutes. 13mm socket and a torx 50(I think that’s right) for the seats.

Reactions: RINC
Three guess's what I did today and the first two don't count.
So clean under the thing couldn't tell I did much.
New shocks in tomorrow and on Tues. .

View attachment 347406

My TJ likes its belly scratched too now and again :ROFLMAO:

Corrected the TV & kickdown valve issue thanks to a mistake in the FSM, got the valve body back in but didn't have the stomach for the fight after wrestling with the driveshafts. So the skid isn't back on and I haven't test driven it. Would love to be able to drive it tomorrow and call my amateur 32RH rebuild a complete success. Time will tell.

Also contemplating a one-time wobble I got the other day. Hopefully it was a one time wobble anyway. It was bad, luckily I was only going about 30 at the time.

Corrected the TV & kickdown valve issue thanks to a mistake in the FSM, got the valve body back in but didn't have the stomach for the fight after wrestling with the driveshafts. So the skid isn't back on and I haven't test driven it. Would love to be able to drive it tomorrow and call my amateur 32RH rebuild a complete success. Time will tell.

Also contemplating a one-time wobble I got the other day. Hopefully it was a one time wobble anyway. It was bad, luckily I was only going about 30 at the time.

200.gif

I know it’s not a feasible or practical swap for everyone but this was one of the things that exacerbated my desire for harnesses and seats from prp.

The foam on my seats while all present, was pretty worn out and uncomfortable and my passenger buckle would lock up sometimes.

The harnesses are a little annoying for around town driving sometimes but I’ve gotten used to them for the most part, but the seat comfort and off road security are greatly improved. You can also feel what the vehicle is doing better when you’re locked in and not bouncing around in a traditional seat/seatbelt type.

You do lose some functionalities like the fold and tumble passenger seat with needing a harness bar. I have my spare in the tub so that’s not as much of an issue for me as I don’t carry more than one person.

View attachment 347147

View attachment 347148
Seats are on the list of things to replace, but not likely to happen until spring '23 and thought I haven't researched at, I'd probably do Trail Cats just to keep the stock recline and fold/tumble. My seats are still in pretty good condition, though they are a but mushy and there is one tear on the side of the drivers seat.