What did you do to your TJ today?

Completed the refresh of an older Warn XD. The final update was to replace the solenoid based 3 pin contactor pack with a new solid state 5 pin model. The addition improves usage under wet conditions, reliability, and allows for wireless use.

20220730_193937-jpg.347085

20220822_192622-jpg.353277

My 2001 Grand Cherokee is still one of my most favorite rides I ever had! Loved it!!

They just ride so good and are much better/easier in snow than the TJ. I might lift it, put some MT tires on it and take it back from her. :cool: I changed the plugs and cleaned/ painted the gas tank skid on the WJ this morning by 7:30am. Damn heater hose bracket that had to be removed for the coil rail, threw me off for a minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and matkal
Completed the DIY alignment after spending much of the summer replacing the suspension, taking measurements, wire-wheeling, sanding, and prepping/painting the frame & underside. This forum has been such an amazing resource for me. So much so that I moved an old computer out to the garage specifically to reference this site on a larger screen while wrenching.

align1.jpg

c1.jpg

Completed the DIY alignment after spending much of the summer replacing the suspension, taking measurements, wire-wheeling, sanding, and prepping/painting the frame & underside. This forum has been such an amazing resource for me. So much so that I moved an old computer out to the garage specifically to reference this site on a larger screen while wrenching.

View attachment 353348

View attachment 353349

Nicely done! (y)

Reactions: BlueRidge304
Here is mine- it was done in an hour maybe, on the jeep-

I used a speed square, marked the angle top and bottom, sliced it, folded the front back and welded it-

View attachment 353278

View attachment 353280

Thanks for posting the pic. I have been looking at the different ways folks have been chopping and angling the ends of their stock bumpers.

I just replaced the blower motor resistor and my fan speed is still messed up. Anybody know how to check to see if the resistor is good or not? Also what else should I look at with this problem?

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RINC

View attachment 353348

View attachment 353349

Soooooo clean...I like it....have to agree there is a wealth of knowledge on here, and great people. ( Most Jeep people are great people though )

New headlights, new door skins, new center console, new seats (not pictured), new shifter knob…most of it off a wrecked TJ I was the first one to find at the junkyard yesterday.

Speaking of which, is the 6 speed manual better than the nv3550?

B7F76EED-F31C-4969-96A2-1972469A3E5C.jpeg

9C925EB7-EF02-40FE-875E-6273ABF76B36.jpeg

330B5821-A139-489F-AA73-53329C8D4D22.jpeg

Well, I need to start working on my LJ soon... I put it off again today - it was raining on and off and I found other things that needed attention. So my only accomplishment was going by the shop and getting them to schedule more time for me next week. Shocks are on order, Big Brake kit is on order... At least this will turn lemons into lemonade. Hopefully will get the last of the work done in one more shop trip.