What did you do to your TJ today?

Starting to put my new NX Trek Top on today. Didn't finish, got too late, and I really need sunlight to heat up the top a little more. It got down to 76 degrees in the shop and wasn't warm enough to pull the rear windows around the corner. We will try again tomorrow.

I did remove the ratty roll bar covers.

View attachment 30519

Oh ya, and it got a most needed bath!
This has me worried lol. My black twill top will be here Wednesday and I doubt ill get very far on mine either.

+1 on the 303 spray for flares, bumpers etc....works Great!

@Starrs Indiana winter = not so good a time of year to install that top, you will need one hell of a space heater to make that work for sure
Haha yea I’m gonna lay it out inside, but prolly won’t go on for a while. Does the cold weather just not make the top as flexible or what’s the deal with it?

Haha yea I’m gonna lay it out inside, but prolly won’t go on for a while. Does the cold weather just not make the top as flexible or what’s the deal with it?
not flexible and shrinks....I know if I open my top in the am and the weather gets cooler in the eve, I can have a hell of a time locking it back up.....maybe the twill won't be as bad but the OEM ones do this.

Reactions: Starrs
not flexible and shrinks....I know if I open my top in the am and the weather gets cooler in the eve, I can have a hell of a time locking it back up.....maybe the twill won't be as bad but the OEM ones do this.
+ it is a lot stiffer when it is new. It should get looser after removing and replacing a few times.

Reactions: Starrs
You can get cheap cloth half doors or keep watching craigslist. Or safari doors are pretty cheap and cool. But really the best is no doors!
ac_ darn fine looking Jeep, btw, may I ask what kind of wheels? I'm looking to change my foo foo chrome wheels that came with the jeep to black ones ☺

Reactions: ac_
ac_ darn fine looking Jeep, btw, may I ask what kind of wheels? I'm looking to change my foo foo chrome wheels that came with the jeep to black ones ☺

Thanks for noticing.

Originally I wanted the American racing wheels that were satin, but I was having issues finding any in stock. They were over two months on order, but I found these at 4wheel parts wholesalers in stock so I went with these. They are Pro comp Matte black.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/...?t_c=11&t_s=535&t_pt=101508&t_pn=PXA7069-5865

Reactions: KCsTJ
Diggin the Trek top mate.....love that 'fastback' look.
Thanks, It is actually pretty nice. It smells like a new car again. It has that new Jeep smell. Also it is much quieter than the bow type top so far. It is fastened to the rollbars so tight nothing flaps. We will see what happens as it ages. I have read that they are noisy, but I mine isn't, at least not yet.

Since my Jeep is accented all in black, the black top looks so much better than the tan in my case. Nothing matched my top. If I added one more thing a different color, my jeep would have looked like the Partridge family bus. haha

Reactions: JMT and Kiwi TJ
Thanks, It is actually pretty nice. It smells like a new car again. It has that new Jeep smell. Also it is much quieter than the bow type top so far. It is fastened to the rollbars so tight nothing flaps. We will see what happens as it ages. I have read that they are noisy, but I mine isn't, at least not yet.

Since my Jeep is accented all in black, the black top looks so much better than the tan in my case. Nothing matched my top. If I added one more thing a different color, my jeep would have looked like the Partridge family bus. haha
mmmm that new car smell is gooooooood !!!

Well, it would appear that everything that glitters is not gold. My Craigslist purchase of a "new/used" set of OME 2" lift HD springs isn't quite what it was advertised to be. Yes, they appear as-new. Still have the tags/labels on the springs. Hell, they even arrived in the original boxes. Unfortunately, with the part numbers being 2932 and 2941, they are not the HD springs, which is what he advertised. I have to say there is a certain level of disappointment, here. I'll contact the seller and let him know. I genuinely believe it was an honest mistake on his part (or I'm just gullible...one or the other). He said the springs had been sitting in his shop in their original boxes for about a year, so I can easily see someone forgetting the details. Be that as it may, I now have a set of the Light Duty OME 2" lift springs in my possession. What now? Original plan was for aftermarket front bumper and winch, and run 31" tires. The winch will likely be the final upgrade, so it could be a year or so down the road. Should I just run the LD springs for now? I think @glwood is running this setup. How do you like it? My rig is a '98 Sahara with hardtop 4.0 and 5 spd. Opinions welcome. Advice considered. Donations accepted! ;) "caveat emptor"

Last edited:
Reactions: VallenMaes
Well, it would appear that everything that glitters is not gold. My Craigslist purchase of a "new/used" set of OME 2" lift HD springs isn't quite what it was advertised to be. Yes, they appear as-new. Still have the tags/labels on the springs. Hell, they even arrived in the original boxes. Unfortunately, with the part numbers being 2932 and 2941, they are not the HD springs, which is what he advertised. I have to say there is a certain level of disappointment, here. I'll contact the seller and let him know. I genuinely believe it was an honest mistake on his part (or I'm just gullible...one or the other). He said the springs had been sitting in his shop in their original boxes for about a year, so I can easily see someone forgetting the details. Be that as it may, I now have a set of the Light Duty OME 2" lift springs in my possession. What now? Original plan was for aftermarket front bumper and winch, and run 31" tires. The winch will likely be the final upgrade, so it could be a year or so down the road. Should I just run the LD springs for now? I think @glwood is running this setup. How do you like it? My rig is a '98 Sahara with hardtop 4.0 and 5 spd. Opinions welcome. Advice considered. Donations accepted! ;) "caveat emptor"
run the light duty. I think you'll be happier with them in the rear, and a bumper alone shouldn't affect your spring loading too much. When you do add the winch, you can pick up a set of 3/4" coil spacers very inexpensively, and you'll regain anything you've lost (and then some, probably). You don't need 2" of clearance for 31's, so the LD ones will be fine (In my Humble Opinion).