What did you do to your TJ today?

Reassembled door hinges with new bronze bushings. (PS if anyone wants said bushings, PM me, I still have 4 sets of 4 leff).
15201C94-8340-4BE9-B4A7-24EFB99D3788.jpeg

Reassembled door hinges with new bronze bushings. (PS if anyone wants said bushings, PM me, I still have 4 sets of 4 leff).
View attachment 368932

I need to do mine. The bushings have welded themselves in there real good. Paint is bubbling up around the hinges also.

I got a Screaming deal on these. Are these jks brand? Looks like them minus the stickers.

View attachment 369014

Not that this is definitive but JKS doesn't look too have paint on the threads of the disconnect end and the zerk fitting caps look different:

20221021_194910.jpg

These (what I assume to be knock-offs) are on Ebay for ~$65 and JKS wants ~$200 for theirs.

20221021_195202.jpg

Last edited:
Not that this is definitive but JKS doesn't look too have paint on the threads of the disconnect end and the zerk fitting caps look different:

View attachment 369040

These (what I assume to be knock-offs) are on Ebay for ~$65 and JKS wants ~$200 for theirs.

View attachment 369051

That’s them I’m sure. I paid 8$ for them at an Amazon return store. My wife spotted them.

Today was oil change day..... and as today felt like Spring off came the doors and on went my new mirrors..

View attachment 369070

View attachment 369071

How perfectly other side of the world!
It started to rain today and is supposed to for at least the next 10 days (a sure sign winter is upon us here in Oregon). My uppers went back on the half doors this morning for the first time in months 😟

image.jpg

Last edited:
How perfectly other side of the world!
It started to rain today and is supposed to for at least the next 10 days (a sure sign winter is upon us here in a Oregon). My uppers went back on the half doors this morning for the first time in months 😟

View attachment 369074

You wont like this then :p (y)

IMG_2526.jpg

That’s them I’m sure. I paid 8$ for them at an Amazon return store. My wife spotted them.

Hey guys- I just bought some of those myself- with anyone’s links being 55-65 bucks those knock offs are a deal- having installed them on a jeep sitting next to one with the JKS I put on, I can’t see or feel any substantial difference driving - the worst case is the rubber fails sooner and you put the jks rebuild kit in it- and I’m the same guy who likes johnny joints and tend to lean toward higher quality.

They work great.

Last edited:
I have had really good success with that mount set up - really like the firm drive feel.

The front UCA axle attachments are the final suspension attachments I need to replace (everything else is new johnny joints). The TJ drives so much better than when I got it but these last stock bushings are fairly worn and loose so I’m really interested in how the feel changes.

Reactions: John Cooper
The front UCA axle attachments are the final suspension attachments I need to replace (everything else is new johnny joints). The TJ drive so much better than when I got it but these last stock bushings are fairly worn and loose so I’m really interested in how the feel changes.

Of course everything is important in that regard, but those really can be felt at the wheel- plus the bushings you are removing may be as old as the jeep-

@John Cooper has the upper right on his Rubi- it is the best driving one I have ever driven, and my ‘04 is about to get both - they are really worth the time and money.

D2013D92-1C45-409C-9B83-428DE2D60C91.jpeg

560EFF3F-E273-49AE-BD1A-A60BDC18BF29.jpeg

B6AC2862-71EB-4E91-A8A4-64D676F5A19A.jpeg