What did you do to your TJ today?

Yeah, that's really a great looking stance.

What all have you done to it to accommodate the lift and tires?

In that pic 4” Currie lift, 1.25” Savvy BL and 1” MML. Being LJ it was ok with no driveline vibrations.

Have since added SSSYE, rear driveshaft and Savvy tummy tuck. Gears and lockers are in works pending life to stop taking all my toy money.

In that pic 4” Currie lift, 1.25” Savvy BL and 1” MML. Being LJ it was ok with no driveline vibrations.

Have since added SSSYE, rear driveshaft and Savvy tummy tuck. Gears and lockers are in works pending life to stop taking all my toy money.

So that's 5.25" lift total? It looks great!

Just curious, if you didn't have any vibrations what made you decide to do the SYE and driveshaft anyway?

So that's 5.25" lift total? It looks great!

Just curious, if you didn't have any vibrations what made you decide to do the SYE and driveshaft anyway?

The tummy tuck is equivalent of something like 2” additional lift. So almost certainly would have had vibrations at that point. Factor in great deal on t-case with SSSYE and drive shaft from forum member made it a no brainer.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
The tummy tuck is equivalent of something like 2” additional lift. So almost certainly would have had vibrations at that point. Factor in great deal on t-case with SSSYE and drive shaft from forum member made it a no brainer.

Gotcha.

Thanks for the explanation! I'm a NOOB and learning as I go. Appreciate it and again, the Jeep looks amazing.

Reactions: RINC
I fully agree with this

View attachment 391153

same setup here for me.

jeep_tj_19.png

Got the new Nerf bars delivered last night (just ordered them on Monday) and bolted them up quick today before I had to leave for a quick trip. Decided to drive the Jeep an hour and a half for this trip and was glad to have the steps done before we left.

Jeep handled the trip great and cruised at 75 (in torrential rains) for half the trip with no problems. 😁

20230112_100120.jpg

New Sanden clutch arrived for my AC compressor on my 97 4.0 AX15. And after four unanswered phone calls and several unanswered emails I now know this is the wrong part. So good luck returning it or getting the right one.

On a side note this thing is heavy. 5 lbs plus on the end of a 1/2 shaft driven by a pulley seems insane to me... can't argue that it doesn't work though.

-Mac

View attachment 390971

View attachment 390972

Might have been better off pressing out the bearing and just replacing that. I assume the clutch works but just getting noise from the bearing?

I thought that’s why Greg visits you every winter? Clean your Jeep.

That darn mid-westerner likes to get mine dirty on his exploring missions. Doing some more exploring tomorrow out north of Florence.

Like this exploring trip. We tried to find a connecting trail down the mountain and into Black Canyon City.
adventure005.jpg

Might have been better off pressing out the bearing and just replacing that. I assume the clutch works but just getting noise from the bearing?

Spring broke and everything is messed up on the disc. I've been on the phone all day with Sanden and some suppliers. I can get a new Sanden 4691 compressor for $186 shipped or I can have a clutch made out of spare parts that might work for $150. Going with the new compressor.

Meanwhile I took my alternator back to the electric shop that built it and they tested it after giving me a song and dance that it wasn't their alternator and it was my belt, idler or tensioner pulleys...you could hear it screaming on the test bench from the office down the hall and one of the techs rolled her eyes and we smiled. They said they'll have it rebuilt by tomorrow. If not I have my junkyard one sitting on the shelf.

I spend as much time chasing and changing parts on this Jeep then I drive it. I look forward to a week or a month of something NOT failing. Right now I'm on days.

-Mac

Reactions: Blondie70 and RINC
Spring broke and everything is messed up on the disc. I've been on the phone all day with Sanden and some suppliers. I can get a new Sanden 4691 compressor for $186 shipped or I can have a clutch made out of spare parts that might work for $150. Going with the new compressor.

Meanwhile I took my alternator back to the electric shop that built it and they tested it after giving me a song and dance that it wasn't their alternator and it was my belt, idler or tensioner pulleys...you could hear it screaming on the test bench from the office down the hall and one of the techs rolled her eyes and we smiled. They said they'll have it rebuilt by tomorrow. If not I have my junkyard one sitting on the shelf.

I spend as much time chasing and changing parts on this Jeep then I drive it. I look forward to a week or a month of something NOT failing. Right now I'm on days.

-Mac

Well, you state outright "I break shit" so...🤷‍♂️

I had to relocate my cb towards the windshield so I could actually see the controls. That meant drilling new holes for nutserts. (I love nutserts) This gives me a chance to share a hack I thought of a few years ago. Don't know if anyone else has. I needed a way to mitigate drill material from flying all over. I had an old rubber shock boot and it just so happens to fit the small opening over the front bearing housing on 3/8 corded drills. The large end will actually form to the surface being drilled. I drilled 2 holes in 5 steps with zero metal shavings.

20230110_135526.jpg

20230110_135538.jpg

I had to relocate my cb towards the windshield so I could actually see the controls. That meant drilling new holes for nutserts. (I love nutserts) This gives me a chance to share a hack I thought of a few years ago. Don't know if anyone else has. I needed a way to mitigate drill material from flying all over. I had an old rubber shock boot and it just so happens to fit the small opening over the front bearing housing on 3/8 corded drills. The large end will actually form to the surface being drilled. I drilled 2 holes in 5 steps with zero metal shavings.

View attachment 391362

View attachment 391363

I have a boot from my new steering stabilizer what was about to go in the trash. Great hack - saving that for the day I need it!