What did you do to your TJ today?

I logged off work around 12:30ish today. Since then, I have:

1. Put a Lube Locker gasket on the front differential and finished changing the fluid (using a hand pump on a gallon container of 80W-90 is a workout!).
2. Put a Lube Locker gasket on the rear differential and finished changing the fluid.
3. Replace the oil sending unit.
4. Put the thermostat back in the housing, and discovered that my month old t-stat housing is warped.
5. Put trans fluid in the deep trans oil pan. I probably need to put more fluid in there still.
6. Put the skid plate back on and put anti seize on the bolts.

I took it for a test drive around the block. The transmission definitely shifts better, but not super smooth. It got up to operating temperature and the temp held pretty solid in the 200-210 range. The oil pressure gauge now works. I tested out the transfer case and 2H, 4H, and 4L all work.

I've accomplished a lot this weekend so far, and it is only Friday night!

Next up is starting a Prestone+Thermocure flush because the brand new coolant is still very rusty and dirty.

Give the tranny a few days with the new fluid and ill bet you see a difference… when I got mine the 32 rh was slipping bad and I did a flush and fill and about 3 or 4 days later it was like brand new…

Give the tranny a few days with the new fluid and ill bet you see a difference… when I got mine the 32 rh was slipping bad and I did a flush and fill and about 3 or 4 days later it was like brand new…

Cool, I'll be patient. I'm guessing that it needs to get lubricated up again. I also know that people around here recommend that the fluid be overfilled a bit. I have another quart of fluid that I may put in after I drive it for a few more days.

Much better to be a little over than a little under…

The gasket was leaking and it was just under the low line on the dipstick and I was having all kinds of rough shifting. Even the 2 miles of the test drive, it showed an improvement with shifting. I hope it does keep getting better like you said.

Wow! A regular cab truck with an 8 foot bed! They *DO* exist!!

Of course they do!

20230818_195554.jpg

They've been shipping the wrong manual with it for some time - #8221003A is the one you need. I think you can download it from their website.

thats definitely interesting. I don't have it on me but I believe they sent #8221002A which is the Dana 35 manual :ROFLMAO: 🙄

Decals only, after I noticed the XJ in the Bronco vs Jeeps video didn't have a Dana 35 like Matt said several times. :unsure:

But did you get the trail repair decal?

I bought his bleepin pinion holder and bent it on first use. Still works but it’s bent.

I do like Colt’s S10 build though.

I am pulling my head off my 2.5, and carefully tagging and bagging everything.. Is there a special socket to get the big headbolts off. Forget it 1/2 inch long with many sides. Im

Last edited:
And cheap in comparison to the others. Nate’s rig looks good but has no uptravel. Rudy’s is what I expected from Rudy.

That's no doubt. The RadCharger is cool, but a shitshow. I expect Colt's S10 to win. Colt is a really nice guy. I met him at the Wrecker Games back in the spring. We BS'd for 10 minutes or so.

Reactions: Apparition

You were not joking around at all saying to give it a few days. I took it for about a 40 minute drive today and pretty much all the transmission issues that I had before have gone away. No more high shifting and no more indecisive shifting. I also have to put another quart of trans fluid in the oil pan.

That's no doubt. The RadCharger is cool, but a shitshow. I expect Colt's S10 to win. Colt is a really nice guy. I met him at the Wrecker Games back in the spring. We BS'd for 10 minutes or so.

If you’ve watched the BleepinJeep video on the rest of the competition, I think the S10 has to win.

Reactions: 97TJNM