What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed a JBL Basspro Nano subwoofer under the driver's side fold and tumble seat. In the past I has some one-inch seat risers under the seat but I took them off because my wife has mobility issues, and it was getting hard for her to get in the Jeep. I put the drivers side seat lift back in since she rarely drivers it. The one-inch risers are required with the fold and tumble seat. That bar that runs across it was just barely touching it with the sub just laying in there to see if it would fit. It may have had more clearance once the unit was secured to the floor but I wanted to make sure so I just put the seat lift back in. It's a very close fit width wise between the seat rails. The floor drops down a little towards the rear, so I added a couple nylon spacers to level it out a little more.

Happy with it so far. This is the first sub I've owned so I need to figure out how to play with the settings.

The dimensions per the owner's manual:
10-1/4" long
7-11/16" wide
2-15/16" high
IMG_7358.JPG

Seat tilted/folded forward.
IMG_7384.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

Seat in the back, driving position.
IMG_7387.JPG

Remote control on the bottom edge of the dash.
IMG_7393.JPG

Sad day for my TJ. I have to find somewhere to park it so it doesn't get towed. New HOA rules say only 2 car permits per condo. If you have any guests, you have to give them one of your permits. Then you have to park your vehicle somewhere else. :rolleyes: I might be getting evicted soon anyway, after telling the HOA head what a dumb fuck idea that is. If 3 people live in the condo, only two can have a vehicle. Total BS. 🤬

Its getting to the point (where I live) that NOT having a HOA is a homeowners and sellers advantage. Sentiment in my area is folks are fed up with the micro dictators and mean age (pun intended) of crotchety oldsters.
(4th home and its a nice area think auto hobbyists not yard art or road side fixer uppers).

Its getting to the point (where I live) that NOT having a HOA is a homeowners and sellers advantage. Sentiment in my area is folks are fed up with the micro dictators and mean age (pun intended) of crotchety oldsters.
(4th home and its a nice area think auto hobbyists not yard art or road side fixer uppers).

Parking is ALWAYS a problem with condos - ALWAYS. The developers NEVER put in enough - it doesn't pay when they could put in another couple of buildings. But as for HOAs in general, I think they're a back door control vector for crooked local building departments - I'm not sure there are ANY new housing developments that don't have them...

Gave it a bath, not sure if helped much.

Next spring I plan to beat out or replace the bent up driver's side fender, install new grill I have ready, and touch up the paint

View attachment 458064

Something needs to be done about your hood.

Parking is ALWAYS a problem with condos - ALWAYS. The developers NEVER put in enough - it doesn't pay when they could put in another couple of buildings. But as for HOAs in general, I think they're a back door control vector for crooked local building departments - I'm not sure there are ANY new housing developments that don't have them...

Yes, I agree new developments and condos are built on the max profit cheap as you can business model (aka why the sidewalks die). As for Legacy HOA’s I would love to follow the money there... An interesting observation to me locally, home sales description often includes ‘no HOA’.

Parking is ALWAYS a problem with condos - ALWAYS. The developers NEVER put in enough -
We have plenty of parking here. They even have assigned spaces with your actual apartment # on them. 😤 We moved in here because NOBODY lives above us and can't. A company bought the upstairs unit and WON'T rent or sell it to anyone. That means extra parking spaces for our building. There wasn't an issue until recently when they promoted the cleaning lady to "HOA enforcer of rules".

We have plenty of parking here. They even have assigned spaces with your actual apartment # on them. 😤 We moved in here because NOBODY lives above us and can't. A company bought the upstairs unit and WON'T rent or sell it to anyone. That means extra parking spaces for our building. There wasn't an issue until recently when they promoted the cleaning lady to "HOA enforcer of rules".

Can you use/rent/buy the parking spaces designated for the company that owns the unit above you? Maybe get yourself a position on the HOA committee as the common sense advisor?

I'm installing some BMB pads today with new Centric rotors and I'm having a really hard time getting the first set back on the drivers side rotor. I think the piston is compressed all the way. I used a C-clamp to compress it and actually bent the handle on the C-clamp trying to tighten it on the piston.

Whenever I put the assembled calipers back on, there's not enough space in the middle. I can get the bottom to fit, I can get the top to fit, but there's just not enough clearance in the middle to get on the rotor properly.

Then you need to go raise hell with the board...