What did you do to your TJ today?

Didn't you have Bilsteins ?...what happened?
Well yellow Kiwi. Yeah, I have Bilstein 5100’s. I’m going to try these Rancho’s to compare the ride quality and then make a decision. I’ll be selling either the Bilstein’s or the Rancho’s.

Well yellow Kiwi. Yeah, I have Bilstein 5100’s. I’m going to try these Rancho’s to compare the ride quality and then make a decision. I’ll be selling either the Bilstein’s or the Rancho’s.
Ahhh ok I getcha now .:thumbsup:..I'd be interested to see your report from the R&D Dept as to which you choose....I was going to go down the Bilstein road myself.

Ahhh ok I getcha now .:thumbsup:..I'd be interested to see your report from the R&D Dept as to which you choose....I was going to go down the Bilstein road myself.
As of right now, I’m frustrated with the Bilstein’s. We have a lot of county roads that are paved but not real perfect. When you drive down them, or any road that has ripples or bumps, you feel every one, even if you can’t see them coming. I feel it’s worth doing the comparison, and especially since Jerry B and several others say the Bilstein 5100’s are harsh on a TJ. Either way I can sell one set. I’ll know in the next couple of weeks!

As of right now, I’m frustrated with the Bilstein’s. We have a lot of county roads that are paved but not real perfect. When you drive down them, or any road that has ripples or bumps, you feel every one, even if you can’t see them coming. I feel it’s worth doing the comparison, and especially since Jerry B and several others say the Bilstein 5100’s are harsh on a TJ. Either way I can sell one set. I’ll know in the next couple of weeks!
Thanks for your feedback, we have lots on unpaved roads out here, gravel and ribbed too...if the Ranchos work for you then they probably work for me too....good luck in your quest grasshopper!!

Reactions: RussTJ and JMT
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Installed an Alien Shade top. Nice and easy. Not sure if it's the right place to ask but I am missing a strip of my interior. Any suggestions as where to get a new one? Top picture.

Reactions: Duke-TJ and JMT
Installed Rancho rear upper control arms and broke loose frame side bolts on lowers. Axle side may have to be cut off. We'll see tomorrow after work.

Last 2 days:
Replaced my TPS for an intermittent CEL - Removed throttle body and completely cleaned it and the IAC...
Added seat risers (1.5") - last weekend I put 6 washers under all 4 corners of the drivers seat to see if I liked. I did...ordered the kit and installed
Installed Rugged Ridge door hangers in my garage - concrete block wall - major PIA!! Glad its done
Installed Misch arm rests on my doors then hung them on the wall in the garage and reinstalled my Rugged Ridge tube doors

Popped a bead out duning....

View attachment 39184

And reset it with the help of the new compressor....

View attachment 39185

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like your well prepared, you don't want to get stranded out there (unless you like building sandcastles) lol...what PSI do you air down to on that soft sand ?

Reactions: jeep_boss
Loosened all of my control arm bolts in preparation for the Core set coming next week. Proceeded to drop a 2' extension on my forehead while lying underneath when my neighbor came walking up the driveway yakking so i have a cool knot in the middle of my forehead now.

My Bilsteins sold in less than 10 minutes after posting on a local Jeep club FB page. I bought them for $300 three years ago and sold them for $200 (no haggling). :)

The more I drive the happier I am that I switched.

Reactions: JMT
Today I'm going to change the radio so Bluetooth will work with my iPhone. I'm also adding some pedal extenders for the shorter drivers in my family.
By the way, I put Polk Audio 5 1/4" two way speakers in the dash using little plastic boxes I got from Crutchfield. Big improvement!! Tight fit but they work.

Reactions: JMT and Kathy