What did you do to your TJ today?

Since asking this I read into it and it seems like there are two different approaches with using LED or normal bulbs. The splicing part actually seems to be the simplest.

I swapped out the relay in the multifunction switch that eliminates hyper flash. I read about it here somewhere https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/which-led-flasher-relay-do-i-need.64101/ & it worked just fine. I use basic LED bulbs for red & amber then I got some reverse lights from @Claytone.

Welp I replaced the fuel pump, external filter, and small internal filter below the pump and it’s still bogged down when accelerating :(. Maybe it’s the regulator?

Already replaced the air intake sensor, swapped TPS, replaced upper O2 with NTK, drove it with the lower half the exhaust disconnected to test for a plugged cat and still same issue.

5BD0C829-E121-4C3F-BC77-045E88B6E9F1.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: matkal and Kiwi TJ
Nice Molle! Looks like you followed that ammo can center console thread too

Thanks….. This forum has helped me a lot over the many years I’ve been a member here As advice in this country on the Jeep TJ is pretty much none

Last edited:
Reactions: Duner and RINC
My Stahlbus showed up today, tossed that in. Hit the junkyard for some backing plates and calipers to switch over to a disc brake rear setup. Found out my front pinion seal is leaking while I was installing the drain, so looks like I'll be ordering a new crush sleeve and seal, super excited to pull the diff less than a year after I did the regear/lunchbox install. Seal recommendations welcome lol. Lastly ordered fabric samples from PRP so I can decide what I want and get my seats ordered.

Edit: New seal, sleeve, and nut ordered.

Last edited:
Actually did it yesterday, but got my Bestop sliders dyed and installed. Huge thanks to @red02tj (y)

They were the Spice color so I dyed them with a convertible top dye kit from Amazon.

The picture makes the color difference between the uppers and the top more pronounced than it really is.

I think with a good wash the top will match the uppers near perfectly.

IMG_3051.jpeg

I haven't done the inside yet, so this is the Before color

IMG_3052.jpeg

The dark area is a shadow, not the dye leaking through.

Surprisingly, these are heavier than the hard uppers I recently picked up.

I got one of those disassembled and painted black.

Edit: If anyone is interested, this is the kit I used.

61-nSKufMNL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Amazon Link

Last edited:
Actually did it yesterday, but got my Bestop sliders dyed and installed. Huge thanks to @red02tj (y)

They were the Spice color so I dyed them with a convertible top dye kit from Amazon.

The picture makes the color difference between the uppers and the top more pronounced than it really is.

I think with a good wash the top will match the uppers near perfectly.

View attachment 513641

I haven't done the inside yet, so this is the Before color

View attachment 513642

The dark area is a shadow, not the dye leaking through.

Surprisingly, these are heavier than the hard uppers I recently picked up.

I got one of those disassembled and painted black.

Those came out fantastic!

I took a look at the front brakes and decided it’s time for a black magic rotor/caliper/pad kit. Glad to see the knuckles in such good shape.

But as I was jacking up the front there was a flurry of coolant drips. Looks to be coming from above the drain valve; so that’s going on the list! I hope I don’t need a new radiator. 🙁

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

Got the fuel door back from the powder coater and installed it. Looks good.
Then started installing the seat heater on the new Summit seat foam. Can't wait to get the driver seat back in.

View attachment 513465

View attachment 513466

Mine were delivered yesterday :)

Is there a specific brand kit everybody is using for installing seat heaters?

Might as well add them while it's apart.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RINC
Finishing these doors just went majorly south. Quick.

I was applying the first coat of clear and the spray nozzle split below the tip. So clear pooled until I tipped the can and it dripped all over the damn door.

I've spent the last 1.5 hours trying to razor blade the drips, sanding between 600 and 1000 trying to get it back smooth to (I feel) not great results.

I switched off the tip for a good one so I can try and finish, but damn.

Maybe I should just finish this can, let it dry and attack it tomorrow/next week.

Like, damn...
1000006791.jpg

So, y'all who may have experience with this thing, what do I do next?

Go all the way back to 320 grit, reapply color, then start clear?

If not, then what?

Last edited:
Well damn.....
20240330_185031.jpg

Well I learned a new lesson
2 cylinders in from the front of the jeep there's about 3mm of cast iron there 🙃before you get to the water jacket

So yeeah....880$ Clearwater head going to the dump.....I may try and tig it and repair it but my cast iron welding abilities aren't the best for cylinder heads.....due to them being a Giant heatsink aaand it's the exhaust side so it's gonna very hot and I don't know if a weld would last very long for me...

Edit- if you don't know I'm porting my head....more powaa
Luckily I have the head that came with the jeep...
Edit#2 To mention my die grinder jumped aaround due to my lack of skill and off chipped off part of the head ,luckily the wall isn't to thin....atleast I think It's about and 1/8 thick after porting
Got my mini ball burr and checked it out!
20240330_191157.jpg

Last edited: