What did you do to your TJ today?

Well damn.....
View attachment 513801
Well I learned a new lesson
2 cylinders in from the front of the jeep there's about 3mm of cast iron there šŸ™ƒbefore you get to the water jacket

So yeeah....880$ Clearwater head going to the dump.....I may try and tig it and repair it but my cast iron welding abilities aren't the best for cylinder heads.....due to them being a Giant heatsink aaand it's the exhaust side so it's gonna very hot and I don't know if a weld would last very long for me...

Edit- if you don't know I'm porting my head....more powaa
Luckily I have the head that came with the jeep...
Edit#2 To mention my die grinder jumped aaround due to my lack of skill and off chipped off part of the head ,luckily the wall isn't to thin....atleast I think It's about and 1/8 thick after porting
Got my mini ball burr and checked it out!
View attachment 513803
Preheat 500-1000Ā°
Nickel 55 rod
Post heat 1 hour per inch of thickness

Well it was not my jeep but I had so much fun doing it I had to post that we put a double din in @Hog s killer LJR -

I had no idea 37 inch tires could drive in ride this good-

E1777498-C63B-4202-A5F0-F35C8B3732D3.jpeg

A5789DAB-2B79-41F3-99BE-F51DFA204BD4.jpeg

We went at it and it really went good it turned out great-

Last edited:
Thanks for the help todayā€¦ sheā€™s coming along nicely:)

Man yes- always enjoy it.

Everything electrical on that rig will he fine I think- going to just need to go through it one thing at a time- be a fuse, relay or random connection here or there - I like the way they did not hack up the harness at all to add accessories.

Man that rig works well in all respects. Really solid.

Man yes- always enjoy it.

Everything electrical on that rig will he fine I think- going to just need to go through it one thing at a time- be a fuse, relay or random connection here or there - I like the way they did not hack up the harness at all to add accessories.

Man that rig works well in all respects. Really solid.

IMG_8014.jpeg

Sheā€™s gunna be fun to play with šŸ‘šŸ»

Put the Rubicrawler to use today and the 2.72:1 worked great.

Got up kissing rock where I leaned the Jeep against the wall last summer. For fun, I tried to get over the boulders next to the drop off but didnā€™t make it.

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1806.jpeg

IMG_1811.jpeg

IMG_1807.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg

IMG_1832.jpeg

Halley had a good day :)

Last edited:
How many Kiwi's have been to Sedona?

Sedona is on my list ā€¦ but I believe you have register and play a lottery or something as they only allow a certain number through per day.
But I wanna go šŸ˜‚.
Me and my mate are planning another trip State side later in the year šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

Heaven better be nice or New Zealanders will want to go home.

Curious- what kind of fish are in those waters?

Thanks for that .. not being born here I really do appreciate New Zealandā€¦ Iā€™m very lucky to live here.
No fish in those waters as itā€™s part of a water treatment facility.
We do have a few lakes around where people catch a lot of trout

Put the Rubicrawler to use today and the 2.72:1 worked great.

Got up kissing rock where I leaned the Jeep against the wall last summer. For fun, I tried to get over the boulders next to the drop off but didnā€™t make it.

View attachment 513890

View attachment 513891

View attachment 513892

View attachment 513893

View attachment 513894

View attachment 513900

View attachment 513895

View attachment 513896

View attachment 513889

View attachment 513904

View attachment 513898
Halley had a good day :)

Puppies?!! FTW!

Found a decent set of TJ rims with some 32x10.50R15 Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires for $400. The next nice day Iā€™ll try to get the old 235/75R15ā€™s off and these on. I believe itā€™s about a 3ā€ difference so they should fill up the wheel wells and look better than the stock sized tires.

IMG_1254.jpeg

Dialed in my front and rear pinion yesterday as good as I think they are going to get. IE disconnected the front drive line to isolate the rear vibrations. Adjusted ... go for a drive ... adjusted ... drive ... Got to "pretty smooth" at 70-75 and called it good. Ended up about .5* above the 90* mark according to my rudimentary measuring skills. Re-attached the front and repeat. Runs smooth enough at 70-75 mph. Last run on the rear I was on the highway for about a mile and started thinking "did I remember to put the angle finder on the bench?" Oh crap, hopefully it spun off the DL somewhere close to the house. Didn't see it on the road anywhere, looked underneath, and low and behold, that bugger hung on for about a 25 mile round trip!

20240330_103106.jpg

Happy Easter Everyone. HE IS RISEN!