What did you do to your TJ today?

How does that GMRS antenna work with the hard top on? I've been planning on moving mine inside but I'm holding off till it warms up enough to take the top off
Works great. I was able to communicate with my brother 2 miles away while parked in my garage, hard top on, and the windows up (garage door was open) on a low power non-license required frequency.

I wouldn't consider mounting it outside now.

Works great. I was able to communicate with my brother 2 miles away while parked in my garage, hard top on, and the windows up (garage door was open) on a low power non-license required frequency.

I wouldn't consider mounting it outside now.

That's what I wanted to hear, looks like I have a new project to procrastinate on

Dropped the pan to redo the rear main seal. Loosened the two bearing caps nearest the rear cap as well and it slides in a lot easier. Then during reassembly I noticed the Felpro oil pan gasket is ever so slightly rolled on the rear where it fits into the groove on the outside of the rear cap... I suspect that may have been the cause of the leak all along. I lubed it up and put it back together but I'm undecided if I should run it and see if it still leaks or just buy another gasket before I put the exhaust back on. So annoying.

1000011101.jpg

1000011099.jpg

Got the log out that had jammed itself up in my skids. Originally it was long enough reach the ground between the front tires and kind of act like a pole vault that stopped all forward movement. Quick action of the chain saw and then it was short enough to finish the trip and get home. A little bit of long crowbar action and it is on the ground.

20240501_173839.jpg
20240501_174350.jpg

Was going to tackle swapping in a new PS pump (4.0 version with the attached res) and cooler this weekend, but then I remembered the 2.5 has that pressure switch in the high side. Gonna have to figure that one out....

Fan clutch bit the bullet. Wanted a new one foolishly fast, so Amazon next day delivery. Got a ADIGARAUTO 2771. Whatever the heck that is, it is a fan clutch. Installed 10 minute job. Seems to be working just fine. We'll see how long it lasts. I'll aim to post again when/if it fails, otherwise, no news is good news.

Tim

20240429_093757.jpg

20240429_093804.jpg

20240429_093813.jpg

20240429_093948.jpg

You need to stop pinching stuff from peoples porches mate…. It’s just not right ok 😂

Man the hard part is finding somebody that has really got the lift you’re looking for.

But there are some special techniques- If you go to a mobile home you’re probably going to get rough country....

Dropped the pan to redo the rear main seal. Loosened the two bearing caps nearest the rear cap as well and it slides in a lot easier. Then during reassembly I noticed the Felpro oil pan gasket is ever so slightly rolled on the rear where it fits into the groove on the outside of the rear cap... I suspect that may have been the cause of the leak all along. I lubed it up and put it back together but I'm undecided if I should run it and see if it still leaks or just buy another gasket before I put the exhaust back on. So annoying.

Painted door handles with satin black. I think I might need to change to matte black. :unsure:
View attachment 523558
View attachment 523559

What about the old SEM Trim Black?

Reactions: matkal