What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed 1.5 inch seat risers from Buchanan Precision Machine and really makes a big difference. Enjoying the new view. So is my dog! She's got a good eye haha

View attachment 534498

Best upgrade I have done on mine. I like to sit tall in the saddle and have long legs. The comfort improvement is great and at a low cost.

Had new tires (Baja Boss M/Ts) installed.
IMG_5591_kindlephoto-816228343.jpg

Then I took it to my favorite local testing spot. It's really just a National Forest campground dirt road, but it's a beautiful spot that's only about 15-20 minutes away from my house and there is one fairly steep set of rocks just off the trail that Jeeps play on. I use this for testing new things before I go do some real wheeling. This picture is on a different flat rock at one of the camp sites that is my favorite photo spot (Same spot as my avatar photo).

First impression of these tires is that they are very grippy. They seem considerably more grippy than the KM3s I ran for years. Time will tell how they wear. I can't wait to take them on a real trail.

Speaking of shocks, I'm thinking about replacing the shocks on mine. I had to replace the rear shocks because the rear passenger shock locked up and ripped out of the mounting spot in the body. I ended up getting Skyjacker Black Max shocks and I'm not a fan of them so far. The rear seems to be way more bouncy than the front since I didn't replace those at the same time.

Speaking of shocks, I'm thinking about replacing the shocks on mine. I had to replace the rear shocks because the rear passenger shock locked up and ripped out of the mounting spot in the body. I ended up getting Skyjacker Black Max shocks and I'm not a fan of them so far. The rear seems to be way more bouncy than the front since I didn't replace those at the same time.

What shocks do you have up front?

Reactions: mjonesjr84
Went out and tried to get to the back side of Schweitzer mountain, made it to the 6k foot mark and got stopped by snow (none of us were prepared for snow wheeling) and quite the snow storm/blizzard complete with some wicked thunder and lightning. Turned around and went back down the mountain and had lunch at Moose Knuckle (chicken and waffles were the bomb). Decided to run up to Sundance peak lookout, made it to 6200 feet before hitting 14 inches of the devils dandruff, apparently no one has informed Idaho that it's now June
The SwayLoc worked fantastic but refused to re-lock when we got down off the mountain, seems it didn't like all the mud puddles we had to blast through getting up the mountain.
1000001715.jpg
1000001709.jpg

1000001716.jpg

Last edited: