What did you do to your TJ today?

Painted bumperettes. I think they look great right now. I used the SEM 39103 flexible bumper paint on them.

IMG_8998.jpg

EDIT: This is with 2 coats. I can see a need for a 3rd coat which I'll get done later.

Last edited:
Take a look. They're a great shop and they do restorations from military jeeps to TJ's and LJ's and mod work.
They had my new TJ fenders in stock. They'll swap frames, tubs, and engines and they do nice work,

I'm sure they do - but if they're on facesuck ONLY, they don't exist to me, and many others who refuse to have anything whatsoever to do with that site and others like it. Its blocked at my firewall - out of my computer and out of my life.

I didn't need the coil spring compressor today. I managed to lower the axle further and they just fell out. When I put everything back together the TJ was 2" higher in the rear. Looks kinda badass like I'm ready to drag race...yeah right. I'm going to straighten the pinion angle tomorrow which will rotate the spring perches rearward and lower the springs a bit. I'll take another measurement afterwards.

I had a 2" rake after using angle correction plates for the rear perch. I swapped out the RC 6" lift rear coils for 4.5" RE coils. I now have a 0.4" inch rake. Perfect.

I also straightened the severe rear pinion driveshaft droop to 1 degree by adjusting the upper control arms. Easy peezy.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I have a garage full of parts that I've been procrastinating on, I have a progression in my head and the shift cable was the first step. Hopefully the dominos fall quickly and neatly from here on out

That's kind of the way it goes for me too. Pile them up and force myself to get started and then things just keep going until the pile is gone. Want some help? I have Sunday open.

That's kind of the way it goes for me too. Pile them up and force myself to get started and then things just keep going until the pile is gone. Want some help? I have Sunday open.

I started 5 years ago, now finally getting closer, need to finish the atlas, then the rear, then the front axles… 3 weeks is now 6

Got the SwayLoc and the front bumper done today. Of course I didn't realize there was no access to the winch bolts once the bumper was installed so I got to install the bumper twice
I might take you up on the assistance with the body lift and new body bushings. I'll have to check with the planning department to see if I've made any commitments for Sunday
1000001700.jpg