What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed Woods shafts front and rear. Replaced transmission isolator/mount.
Installed Banks cat back exhaust which replaced the aircraft carrier sized muffler Jeep put on LJ’s.
Cleaned and touched up with paint on the lower frame rails that contact the Xfer case skid.
Cleaned up skid and touched up paint on skid where it contact frame.
Waiting for the paint to dry and reinstall skid and go for a drive with the Wife and Jeep dog later.

Happy Father’s Day to all the Jeep dads out their.

Yesterday went and visited my parents in Elijay for Father's Day. Nice day to go topless. Took the long way back over the mountain. Awesome views and a nice ride.

20240615_142953.jpg

20240615_142952.jpg

Went out and tried to get to the back side of Schweitzer mountain, made it to the 6k foot mark and got stopped by snow (none of us were prepared for snow wheeling) and quite the snow storm/blizzard complete with some wicked thunder and lightning. Turned around and went back down the mountain and had lunch at Moose Knuckle (chicken and waffles were the bomb). Decided to run up to Sundance peak lookout, made it to 6200 feet before hitting 14 inches of the devils dandruff, apparently no one has informed Idaho that it's now June
The SwayLoc worked fantastic but refused to re-lock when we got down off the mountain, seems it didn't like all the mud puddles we had to blast through getting up the mountain.
View attachment 534783View attachment 534782
View attachment 534784

Dude, awesome view. We were hanging out over at the Montana boarder. We hit snow at about 5800 ft. Almost made it to "Idaho Point" but like you said got turned around due to Idaho not figuring out it is June already. First day of summer is almost here and we run into this. Almost makes me want to put my hard top back on. Maybe I can "will" the warm weather here by keeping the soft top on with no windows.

20240615_143836.jpg

20240615_143736.jpg
20240615_144403.jpg

Was going to post the last pic up for the June Ride of the Month contest / TJ's in pretty places, but missed the deadline by that " " much.

I did not put the doors on… 44 degrees on the drive in, chance of showers. Snow levels dropped to 3500 ft. Come on seat warmers! Today this mod goes to the top of the list of the glad I did it! It wa summer just a couple of days ago and a couple more it will be summer again.

View attachment 534960

I can honestly say I'm not too broken up about the cooler weather... I still haven't got my A/C recharged since I put the new (to me) engine in my Jeep. I really need to take the hard top off and get the soft top on.

I did not put the doors on… 44 degrees on the drive in, chance of showers. Snow levels dropped to 3500 ft. Come on seat warmers! Today this mod goes to the top of the list of the glad I did it! It wa summer just a couple of days ago and a couple more it will be summer again.

View attachment 534960

Yeah, this year really has me thinking about a new seat foam and heaters.

Doing hells canyon below the dam? Wondering how the water flows are, could be pretty spicy

Yep did it 2 yrs ago. We got 1/2 way up and had to wait for the dam to release some water. While waiting in the shore my buddy caught a 350# Sturgeon. Boat captain said it was the largest he had seen. Helped my friend build his house on Lake Cascade across from Tamarack ski area the last 2 yrs and I now have a free place to stay. House is finished so I’ll be helping him with the finish grading around the lot this trip.