What did you do to your TJ today?

Set pinion angle, ready to go to Tom Woods and order a shaft, 28.75” for the rear.

IMG_9629.jpeg

IMG_9630.jpeg

IMG_9631.jpeg

IMG_9632.jpeg

Last edited:
Getting tired of referencing my belt routing scribbled on an old piece of cardboard... actually it's not like I need to reference anything anymore, but figured I'd take the time to make a belt routing diagram. All to scale, took measurements of distances and angles.

Any recommendations on where to get a weatherproof vinyl sticker made?

Belt Routing smol.png

Getting tired of referencing my belt routing scribbled on an old piece of cardboard... actually it's not like I need to reference anything anymore, but figured I'd take the time to make a belt routing diagram. All to scale, took measurements of distances and angles.

View attachment 536256

From @Jezza shop.
https://texasjeepproducts.com/produ...wrangler-tj-intake-air-sensor-weld-on-fitting

View attachment 536256
I drew up a label for a TJ with an ORO York air compressor kit and air conditioning awhile back. A page of 15 stickers on vinyl cost me about $15. I had these guys make them:

www.stickeryou.com

By the way, if anyone sees this and wants one of my stickers, drop me a PM with your address, and I'll pop one in the mail, no charge. I offered them up in a free "for sale" ad here, and gave a handful away. I still have a few left.

My body shop guy wants me to find this label and replace it to keep things original. He refinished the fender supports when he replaced the fenders.
Any idea where to start looking?

IMG_4438.jpg

My body shop guy wants me to find this label and replace it to keep things original. He refinished the fender supports when he replaced the fenders.

View attachment 536287
Try https://www.vinslabels.com/replacem...order-veci-replacement-read-veci-sticker.html, but be prepared for sticker shock (pun intended). If I remember correctly, they are on the order of $100. I looked into one for another vehicle a few years back. Not true - this was for a replacement VIN decal.

Last edited:

Mine has a few extra pulleys

I drew up a label for a TJ with an ORO York air compressor kit and air conditioning awhile back. A page of 15 stickers on vinyl cost me about $15. I had these guys make them:

www.stickeryou.com

By the way, if anyone sees this and wants one of my stickers, drop me a PM with your address, and I'll pop one in the mail, no charge. I offered them up in a free "for sale" ad here, and gave a handful away. I still have a few left.

Thanks I'll check them out

Reactions: MikeE024

View attachment 536287

Take a high def picture of it without any reflections and take it to a vinyl shop. They should be able to print it on high quality vinyl.

Or

Collins Brothers Jeep may have one. This one is for an '06.
https://collinsbrosjeep.com/2006-4-0-emissions-decal-under-hood/

My system has been good, but I wanted it to be better since it's getting hot here.

I'm currently running Thermocure through the engine (again). Before doing the Thermocure, I back-flushed the radiator and the heater core.

This time, I used a gun (OTC 6043) that combines water hose pressure and compressed air. The amount of bits that came out during the 22-25 rounds of multiple-gallon flushes of the heater core was disturbing. Adding the air pressure agitates and pulsates the crud, which helps it come out of the heater core much better than only the water hose.

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.16.09 PM.png

Round 1 (expected):

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.20.18 PM.png

Round 8 (not cool):

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.21.27 PM.png

Round 16sh:

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.21.50 PM.png

I stopped taking photos and kept flushing until things cleared up (around 22-25 rounds).

I changed my plans up a bit on where to add a coolant screen. Waiting on different fittings to arrive. I will drop the Thermocure, do another full back-flush, then install the screen and run 5-6 rounds of distilled water flushes through the system to get the hose water and what's left of the Thermocure out. I will drop the engine plug for every round. Then install G05 concentrate with a ratio of water that I prefer (it will be more coolant to water than 50/50).

My temps are already much nicer and that's just in time for the heat wave.

Around noon today on the highway (slight incline):

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.27.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.28.20 PM.png

It didn't get this hot until after I was doing more around 85 mph at 5 psi of boost right before I took the photos. The hottest I saw was 215* for about 3 seconds before it dropped back to 212* as the hottest consistent temp.

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.37.37 PM.png

In town after leaving the VA:

(driving)
Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.30.53 PM.png

(idling)

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.31.42 PM.png

Around 1:30pm today on the highway (slight decline):

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.35.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.36.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 2.28.35 PM.png

Last edited: