What did you do to your TJ today?

Reds always a great Jeep color! What brand flares are you running and do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xenon 4' flares, price was 375+50 to have em painted, price was a lil too much but the quality of them about even it out, however I love their look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xenon 4' flares, price was 375+50 to have em painted, price was a lil too much but the quality of them about even it out, however I love their look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, looks great. Xenons are on my list if I dont go with a complete fender replacement. They look great on our Jeep.

Reactions: Nicholas
Teaching myself as I go...

20180621_163957.png

I like how my hardtop came out so did my hood louvers today as the powder coating was staring to peel off the rivets and louvers man panel.

Most of the time went into prepping the surface, cleaned, degreased, wetsand, cleaned, wipe down with cellulose thinners, taped up and protected, sprayed with adhesion promoter than an hour between two coats of raptor liner.

22CC155E-7AE3-466F-9955-96BB216A5D7A.jpeg 1964DC48-C3E2-4D43-8CAB-0AB59AE3BD4F.jpeg 46004447-F07D-430F-A8FA-498C1B4C2B03.jpeg B172942F-432C-4FD5-9351-5CC0B230AB9C.jpeg CBCF1F64-C250-4973-AB5D-2944FFF379F1.jpeg 13C99E1F-A066-4701-A014-3C4662AAD8BC.jpeg EA377683-FACC-4712-A790-C40D52B180AE.jpeg

Also cleaned out the cowl drain with a broken fishing pole. Hope that means dry footwells!

View attachment 45055
You should also take a piece of Steel Wool, pull it apart a little, then wedge it into the top of the cowl drain. That way water can freely pass through but never get clogged by debris. Any debris will always be contained in the cowl and you will never have the water on the floorboards issue ever again. ;)

You should also take a piece of Steel Wool, pull it apart a little, then wedge it into the top of the cowl drain. That way water can freely pass through but never get clogged by debris. Any debris will always be contained in the cowl and you will never have the water on the floorboards issue ever again. ;)
See, I was thinking about something like that. Wondering if there was a filter or something that I could put on that to do exactly what you said. Never thought of steel wool.

See, I was thinking about something like that. Wondering if there was a filter or something that I could put on that to do exactly what you said. Never thought of steel wool.
Not sure I would want something that will rust like steel wool. It rusts then falls apart and clogs up. Something synthetic would work better.

Reactions: Squatch and KMG
Took care of a few things that I've had on the list. I picked up some brackets at Home Depot and hung up the fulls.
upload_2018-6-23_18-50-4.png
upload_2018-6-23_18-50-24.png

Then replaced a rusted hinge. I had one shipped from Davey's a while back and finally took care of that.

upload_2018-6-23_18-52-23.png
upload_2018-6-23_18-52-44.png
upload_2018-6-23_18-53-4.png

Can @Jerry Bransford or someone offer some advice. I replaced the windshield frame last fall and now this hinge. All of the bolts came out without trouble but I'd like to know if I should apply some Locktite to the bolts? If so, what model of Locktite would you recommend? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Not sure I would want something that will rust like steel wool. It rusts then falls apart and clogs up. Something synthetic would work better.

I was thinking of something like the filters in a drain plug for in a bathroom or sink. Should be stainless that way but sufficiently small enough to filter out bits.

Took care of a few things that I've had on the list. I picked up some brackets at Home Depot and hung up the fulls.
View attachment 45176View attachment 45177

Then replaced a rusted hinge. I had one shipped from Davey's a while back and finally took care of that.

View attachment 45178View attachment 45179View attachment 45180

Can @Jerry Bransford or someone offer some advice. I replaced the windshield frame last fall and now this hinge. All of the bolts came out without trouble but I'd like to know if I should apply some Locktite to the bolts? If so, what model of Locktite would you recommend? Thanks for your help.
Non-permanent Blue Loctite would be fine. Red Loctite is considered permanent & will only release when heated above 450 degrees.

Reactions: RussTJ