What did you do to your TJ today?

Just a thought...I picked up a pair of factory Rubicon pumps for 150 bucks from Daveys Jeep. Its a salvage yard in north east Ohio. As far as switches, the factory ones might be tough to find, but you can definitely just use any single pole, single throw switch to power them. They (the pumps) are very simple and self contained. The factory made the wiring excessively complex to make sure people would not activate the lockers when they "shouldn't" according to the lawyers.

Thanks for this suggestion and input @Ranger_b0b . As far as wiring them up and switches, is it as simple as a ground wire and a +12v power.....no relays? Maybe fuse each pump?

Thanks for this suggestion and input @Ranger_b0b . As far as wiring them up and switches, is it as simple as a ground wire and a +12v power.....no relays? Maybe fuse each pump?
It should be that simple. @Jerry Bransford would be better to ask that question to tho. I think he has re-wired his pumps that way.

Reactions: BlueRidge304
It should be that simple. @Jerry Bransford would be better to ask that question to tho. I think he has re-wired his pumps that way.
Correct, the air pumps don't draw enough current to require a relay. Wire the compressors individually like you would a small light bulb. A simple on-off switch, a small fuse like a 3 to 5 amp, and 16 gauge wiring. The pumps automatically turn themselves off and on as needed to keep 5 psi in the air lines.

Just got in from removing the stock stereo since my new head unit should be in tomorrow and also took the door panel off to try and locate a rattle that's driving me nuts. Hopefully I'll get both of those wrapped up tomorrow evening.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Nose piercing...

IMG_4972a.jpg IMG_4971a.jpg

Just got in from removing the stock stereo since my new head unit should be in tomorrow and also took the door panel off to try and locate a rattle that's driving me nuts. Hopefully I'll get both of those wrapped up tomorrow evening.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :risas3:
Hope the stereo install goes well and you are successful deciphering the rattle.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :risas3:
Hope the stereo install goes well and you are successful deciphering the rattle.

Haha! Well I got the door panel put back on over lunch but now I'm trying to figure out how to get that clip back on the window crank without pulling my hair out. That'll be a tonight project.

87109ef0339dcf401c51d41d7351c295.jpg

Correct, the air pumps don't draw enough current to require a relay. Wire the compressors individually like you would a small light bulb. A simple on-off switch, a small fuse like a 3 to 5 amp, and 16 gauge wiring. The pumps automatically turn themselves off and on as needed to keep 5 psi in the air lines.

@Ranger_b0b and @Jerry Bransford thank you both for the valuable input and for sharing your knowledge and experience, it is much appreciated!

Haha! Well I got the door panel put back on over lunch but now I'm trying to figure out how to get that clip back on the window crank without pulling my hair out. That'll be a tonight project.

View attachment 53188

Whoa...you mean you still have the c-clip after removing it?! They usually go flying and disappear forever :D.

Try putting the clip on the crank and then pushing the crank back onto the splined shaft.