What did you do to your TJ today?

Did you use the dorman seat warmers at all?

I have not. Bought an inexpensive import kit on Amazon. Got everything installed and flipped the first switch and heard a pop…. That was it. Requested a return and the vendor was no longer an Amazon seller. Amazon processed a refund the next day.

I bought the Bartact kit and used it for a year or more. One of the switches died so I scavanged the switch from the old set. Spliced it into the Bartact harness. Good to go!

Last edited:
Reactions: L J
:geek: VIRGINIA.

§ 46.2-715. Display of license plates.​

License plates assigned to a motor vehicle, other than a moped, motorcycle, autocycle, tractor truck, trailer, or semitrailer, or to persons licensed as motor vehicle dealers or transporters of unladen vehicles, shall be attached to the front and the rear of the vehicle.

NY has the same law. I haven’t run a front plate in four decades. I get a ticket once every decade.

Use ceramic coating if you haven't in the past. You'll never go back.

I haven’t used it. I’ll have to get more familiar with the process.

Reactions: nitrofalcon
NY has the same law. I haven’t run a front plate in four decades. I get a ticket once every decade.

I haven’t used it. I’ll have to get more familiar with the process.

Ok, full disclosure. I have to come clean. I keep the front plate in the jeep as I do in all my cars and hope that if I get stopped I can fenagle my way out of it, like... gee, officer it just fell off an hour ago! I promise! 🤣

Applying your own ceramic at home is actually much easier and faster than waxing IMHO.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and MikekiM
I have not. Bought an expensive import kit on Amazon. Got everything installed and flipped the first switch and heard a pop…. That was it. Requested a return and the vendor was no longer an Amazon seller. Amazon processed a refund the next day.

I bought the Bartact kit and used it for a year or more. One of the switches died so I scavanged the switch from the old set. Spliced it into the Bartact harness. Good to go!

The Bartact seat heaters look to be Metra TheInstallBay. Metra sells all the parts and has phone support.Lots of control options.

Attachments

• Metra Seat Heater Install.pdf
    838.6 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: MikekiM
OH and a pic of the run for topless day...... I don't think so Tim. Yup that is SNOW.

20240517_114348.jpg

January I was attacked by a deer. Anybody have any ideas on replacement grille and Fender? OEM only/Used/Aftermarket? I used to work in a body shop back in the 80s. After market was hit or miss. We did about 50 toyota truck fenders the one year. Rust was a thing back in the day..

My youngest finally came home from the hospital after being inpatient since July 25, 2023. This means momma gets her garage spot back and the TJ gets the boot to the driveway. That's OK by me; it gives me an excuse to use the Quadratec trail cover since the doors and the sides/back to the Trektop are off. The stupid thing ripped. Hopefully Quadratec will let me send it back since this was the first install and I've only had it since 4/20/2024. I ordered a Bestop Trail Cover from Amazon since they have them on sale for 20% off.

20240519_204551.jpg

20240519_155812.jpg

The Bartact seat heaters look to be Metra TheInstallBay. Metra sells all the parts and has phone support.Lots of control options.

Some nice switch options.
TY

January I was attacked by a deer. Anybody have any ideas on replacement grille and Fender? OEM only/Used/Aftermarket? I used to work in a body shop back in the 80s. After market was hit or miss. We did about 50 toyota truck fenders the one year. Rust was a thing back in the day..

I replaced a front fender a few years ago. I can ask my shop what they used. I know we did aftermarket

Reactions: mjonesjr84
Some nice switch options.
TY

I replaced a front fender a few years ago. I can ask my shop what they used. I know we did aftermarket
I'd be interested as well. Got a passenger fender that is rusting through and I can't find a good replacement that is already black.

Bartact seat warmer quit working on the high setting a few weeks ago. I find high far too hot for my, but in the winter I use it when I first get in just to speed up the warming process and then switch to low. Turned out to be a burned out switch. Fortunately I had a few seat warmer switches from a set of chinesisium warmers I installed first, the died the first time I turned them on.

My TrekTop Nx was looking a little grey from the sun... Two (maybe three) years old and it needed a refresh.

I haven't had great experiences with the ForEver Black line, but @RangerTJ mentioned the Forever Black soft top gel dye in another post so figured I would give it a try. Didn't take any pictures. I call it a win. Deepened the black diamond fabric to match my newer half door uppers. Stuff goes on pretty easy, cures in ten to fifteen minutes, no streaks. The stitching looks exceptionally nice. Worth the $16 I believe.

I've had the TrekTop NX on a few Jeeps.. love the versatility. I have the Sunrider back nearly every day April to November.

Painting the underside with Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric rattle can makes a HUGE improvement.

One annoyance is the clips at the rear corners that hook under the tub rail. The don't stay put, especially if you are running with the sunrider open and windows out. I added a footman loop to the inside of the tub rail and thread the hook through so it is captured. Even if there is some slack in the straps the hook stays fastened.

So why paint the underside? Does it make it quieter or something or is it for looks?

:geek: VIRGINIA.

§ 46.2-715. Display of license plates.​

License plates assigned to a motor vehicle, other than a moped, motorcycle, autocycle, tractor truck, trailer, or semitrailer, or to persons licensed as motor vehicle dealers or transporters of unladen vehicles, shall be attached to the front and the rear of the vehicle.

Meh, whaddya expect? No front license plate, phone held vertical... ;)