What did you do to your TJ today?

Wheels Vintiques Series 62 steelies with 15x8 4.25 backspacing rattle canned with Almond Rustoleum. I got them from summit racing

They look fantastic. Do they make themt in 16x8? When I get tired of my MOABs, I'll strongly consider these. The color you put on is great.

@Squatch are these ones similar to what you bought?

Reactions: tomtaylz
They look fantastic. Do they make themt in 16x8? When I get tired of my MOABs, I'll strongly consider these. The color you put on is great.

@Squatch are these ones similar to what you bought?
I think they might I could be wrong though. They make a bunch of steelies I chose these because I wanted the modular look with the small slots.

Reactions: psrivats
Today i installed a bank 1, sensor 2, NTK o2 sensor #23160, rotated the tires, greased the front suspension zerk fittings, and saw the PO left me with about 1/8 inch front brake pad....

View attachment 55091
..that looks dirty and neglected, looks like I'll need to brush and paint the steering knuckles as well..
One thing I like about TX rigs, dusty but almost rust free.

With this storm coming I think I’ll be putting the full soft top back on today.

The bikini / windjammer combo works great for summer showers, but I think this may be a bit worse!

Yea, looks like by the weekend we will see some rain from Florence. Nothing like our coastal TJ friends. Y'all stay safe with this storm baring down on the Carolinas.

Reactions: RussTJ
Installed and wired 2 sets of lights on this Bussmann waterproof relay and fuse block. Pretty slick, compact unit. Has 5 relays and 10 fuses.

View attachment 54182

View attachment 54183

Hi,

I am looking at doing the same thing. At first I was going to mount everything where the ABS unit would be if I had one. However, after looking around yesterday I decided I would mount my relay and fuse block where you did on the driver's side fender well. I am thinking about using a 50AMP Marine circuit breaker to feed the box. The combined lights (KC) draw about 8.5 AMPs each so was going to fuse them with a 20 AMP and use a 40AMP rated relay. That would leave me with 30 AMP buffer. See attached file. Any input or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Once I gather all of my piece parts I will document what I do and post it in the how too. Just wondering as well would the 50 AMP feed be sufficient for when I add a winch in the future?
Thanks,
Lou

Acc_Schematic.jpg

Such a little thing but... Replaced the underhood light with original MOPAR part and with LED light (Total <$20 Amazon). Has had an old cracked and non-functioning light for years. Let there be light! I also put a small locking pistol vault under the driver's seat. Considering the Bestop version. Any advice/thoughts?

Reactions: NeneLew and JMT
Removed the fender flares to prep them for raptor liner!
Can't wait to see the results! Thinking about similar for the hardtop. It lives in the garage, and I run the soft top year round, but it is quieter and a tiny bit easier to keep warm here in NC winters.

Reactions: NeneLew
Such a little thing but... Replaced the underhood light with original MOPAR part and with LED light (Total <$20 Amazon). Has had an old cracked and non-functioning light for years. Let there be light! I also put a small locking pistol vault under the driver's seat. Considering the Bestop version. Any advice/thoughts?

I installed the Bestop version and it’s been great. I didn’t want to have to carry an extra key around, so I replaced the keyed lock with this combo lock from Amazon:

Combi-Cam 7803S 4-Dial Combination Cabinet Door Lock With 5/8" Cylinder And Black Finish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GUQ6J8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: JMT
Driver's side or passenger and why?

Drivers side. I wouldn’t consider passenger side since that’s where the bottle jack is at.

It’s a great place for a spare key or to lock up a wallet or cell phone while at the beach or doing activities.

You could store a pistol in there, but you’d need enough time to unlock and retrieve it and in a self defense situation it may be hard to do that quickly.

Reactions: KCsTJ