What did you do to your TJ today?

Drivers side. I wouldn’t consider passenger side since that’s where the bottle jack is at.

It’s a great place for a spare key or to lock up a wallet or cell phone while at the beach or doing activities.

You could store a pistol in there, but you’d need enough time to unlock and retrieve it and in a self defense situation it may be hard to do that quickly.
Yes, always on me except where prohibited, like where I work. I don't patronize business that forbid concealed carry, but I work because I've grown accustomed to food and shelter. I am weak, I admit it!

I love Texas! Spent time there in the USAF and visiting my son in Waco/Baylor. Nicest people ever (as demonstrated by your reply). North Carolina is very patriotic as well!

Reactions: NeneLew
Turned the key to go to work today and I got dashboard lights, but the engine wouldn't turn. Luckily, YouTube is a beautiful thing and I found this video for some good troubleshooting.

Turns out, I had the exact same issue as shown here.

Broken Actuator Pin.JPG

$40 and a trip to AutoZone later and my Jeep is back up and roaring. I didn't even miss my first major meeting of the day.

Stripped the jeeps carpet abd cleaned up the floors for new bed tred. Found a tiny bit of surface rust on the passenger floorboard. Looked like from a leaking heater core. PO must have replaced it. It doesn't leak now. Sanded and primed the floorboard. Now waiting until the morning to install the carpet.
20180914_085345.jpg
20180914_085350.jpg
20180914_183406.jpg

Stripped the jeeps carpet abd cleaned up the floors for new bed tred. Found a tiny bit of surface rust on the passenger floorboard. Looked like from a leaking heater core. PO must have replaced it. It doesn't leak now. Sanded and primed the floorboard. Now waiting until the morning to install the carpet.

Awesome discipline to fix that before proceeding with the install!

Remove the seats for the install. Instructions say you don’t need to, but the time it takes to remove them will save you a lot of time and frustration trying to bend and fit the material with the seats still in.

Awesome discipline to fix that before proceeding with the install!

Remove the seats for the install. Instructions say you don’t need to, but the time it takes to remove them will save you a lot of time and frustration trying to bend and fit the material with the seats still in.
I will do that. Thank you for the heads up.

Reactions: jchadscud
I will do that. Thank you for the heads up.

One other tip, if you put some clips on the bottom of the rear sections that go over the wheel wells, that piece will sit flat against the bottom of the tub and make the piece that goes over the cargo area easier to lay in.

The end is scored, but takes some work to get it to bend at 90 degrees so it lays flat.

07c6827ec6dd1b0ed2ac24caeab72cf8.jpg

Reactions: BlueRidge304
Reactions: Boinked
View attachment 55411 View attachment 55412 View attachment 55413
Been wanting to get Bed Tred and put it in the front section of my Jeep. Anxious to see how it looks in yours.

Reactions: Boinked
Picked up vinyl paint from the local hardware store which can also be used on fabrics and decided to paint the roll bar padding fabric. Mine were all faded and now it looks much better. 1 can got the job done.

View attachment 55177

View attachment 55187 View attachment 55180 View attachment 55181 View attachment 55179 View attachment 55178 View attachment 55186
That turned out good! I was thinking of washing mine. Curious if you tried that? I might wash and then paint if it doesn’t freshen up the black