What did you do to your TJ today?

Upgraded factory radio to a JVC Bluetooth unit and changed dash/pod speakers. Much better audio experience now as the factory speakers were junked (front didn't work at all).

While I was taking the dash apart I found this factory plug harness (pic2) above the glove box. Anyone have an idea what it's for?

Upgraded factory radio to a JVC Bluetooth unit and changed dash/pod speakers. Much better audio experience now as the factory speakers were junked (front didn't work at all).

While I was taking the dash apart I found this factory plug harness (pic2) above the glove box. Anyone have an idea what it's for?

View attachment 78915

View attachment 78908

Plug for the temp/compass mirror.

Add Wiring-Mirror Jumper - Mopar (56047087AC), mirror, and temp sensor in grill and you're good to go.

Last edited:
Installed the Xenon 6” fender flairs today love the back ones but the front are total junk, just my opinion. The side marker instal was crappy, only two very small tabs to screw into, and the ones on the passenger side were spread too far apart. Not to mention the front fenders did not line up worth a crap either. If I hadn’t had these for over a year I would have sent them back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought a new soft top and installed it (first time ever installing a Jeep top... wasn't too bad)
then tore apart the front axle to assess what else needed to be replaced besides the leaking axle seals. Made good and bad discoveries.

Bad: there has been water inside the diff, as evidenced by the surface rust on the ARB carrier, inside of diff cover and edges of ring gear.

Good: 4.56 gears! Woo! No need to worry about handling the 35" tires

Bad: air leak in the rear locker. Need to tear it apart to see if it's just o-rings or something more nefarious.

Tomorrow: open the rear diff, power wash all the crap out of the front axle tubes, get seals from Autozone and reassemble, maybe drop the gas tank and take the 2" coil spacers out of the rear springs.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe how inexpensive they are too. $69 shipped.
Thinking about adding heat to them too. Although they don't get cold like leather/vinyl does.

Did you have a discount code or catch them on sale? They were listed at $119 when I looked them up. That color pattern is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Napa and bought some of the little clips to put the replacement hood and fender on. Now I need to borrow a slide hammer to pull the cowl back into place so when I put the fender on, it aligns up.

Dana 300 upgrade!

JB Conversions LoMax 4:1 gear set for the Dana 300 transfer case. Beefier than an Atlas gear case gears. Twin sticked and heavy duty output shaft already installed. Much shorter than a 231 or 241. The 300 measures 10.5 inches from yoke to yoke. The 231 measures in at 21.5 inches. And no baby “pimp chain” to stretch and break. Gear driven like the good ole days.
View attachment 61399View attachment 61400
Do you have an update on your Dana 300 build? Starting mine tomorrow with Behemoth Drivetrain flipkit, 4:1, 32 spline front & rear, and cable twin sticks.

replaced both lower rear control Arms, and fixed the leak in the rear differential.
turns out there was a little dragging issue over rocks, and caused the metal to move
levering the differential cover open.
I had to file it all clean.