What did you do to your TJ today?

Tightened up some of the damn worm type hose clamps on my cooling system that were leaking. I hate those damn things and can't wait to change them out to the factory constant tension clamps when I redo my cooling system coming up soon.
Excellent post @MountaineerTom . Many overlook this little detail.
The worm gear hose clamps can cut into the hose over time and cause leaks.
Like you say the constant tension clamps are the way to go.
I think I have 1 left to change out.
They flex along with the hot hose and don't cut in.
All jeepers should change over that have worm gear clamps, put them in File 13. Go with the constant tension OE clamps.

Excellent post @MountaineerTom . Many overlook this little detail.
The worm gear hose clamps can cut into the hose over time and cause leaks.
Like you say the constant tension clamps are the way to go.
I think I have 1 left to change out.
They flex along with the hot hose and don't cut in.
All jeepers should change over that have worm gear clamps, put them in File 13. Go with the constant tension OE clamps.

It's my own fault they are on there. 2 years ago one of my co workers was out of work in the hospital and I had cover part of his shift. A little over a month of 12 hour shifts. We had a planned trip in the Jeep to the Outer Banks of NC coming up. I asked my buddy to do some work for me that I had planned to do before the trip but now didn't have the time. Part of that was the hoses. I didn't think to tell him I wanted to use the factory clamps and he replaced them with the worm style. In the fall and spring the last 2 years, when the temps go back and forth, I have small leaks from a few of them and have to tighten them up a little. I've been collecting OEM parts a little at a time so I can totally redo the cooling system. The only thing left to get is a MOPAR radiator. : )

Reactions: KCsTJ and Kiwi TJ
Ammo box update...I was going to install it tonight but the paint hasn't hardened enough just yet...Here it is painted anyway...The wooden piece is for the floor inside the box

ammo.JPG

What a weekend! It started out with new spark plugs and wires and ended with new Currie 4" lift springs and Rancho 5000X shocks. After installing the lift I had to make a reinforcement bracket for the trackbar that the hole egged out! No more Death Wobble! I would show you the welding picture, but it was quite ugly. Something a flapper disk with a 36 grit wheel took care of. :ROFLMAO: I also put a Tomken power steering box stabilizer on.

What a weekend! It started out with new spark plugs and wires and ended with new Currie 4" lift springs and Rancho 5000X shocks. After installing the lift I had to make a reinforcement bracket for the trackbar that the hole egged out! No more Death Wobble! I would show you the welding picture, but it was quite ugly. Something a flapper disk with a 36 grit wheel took care of. :ROFLMAO: I also put a Tomken power steering box stabilizer on.
View attachment 84333View attachment 84337View attachment 84335
What Rancho's (Part Numbers) did you use for the 4" lift? Is that a dropped Pitman Arm? If so, replace it with the stock arm, or you will be heading down bump-steer lane.

Awesome, thank you. The picture makes that arm look a mile long and low, LOL!
I think what you are seeing is the Tomken steering box stabilizer that goes on the front to of the steering box and ties to the frame support under the radiator. I see what you mean. I looked at the picture again and the pitman does look long. As far as I know it is a stock one, but the PO did some interesting things. I haven't had any bump steer issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikester86
I think what you are seeing is the Tomken steering box stabilizer that goes on the front to of the steering box and ties to the frame support under the radiator. I see what you mean. I looked at the picture again and the pitman does look long. As far as I know it is a stock one, but the PO did some interesting things. I haven't had any bump steer issues.
In your picture, It kind of resembles the dropped one I had replaced on my TJ. But pics can be deceiving.

Dropped Pitman Arm.jpg