What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced thermostat and thermostat housing. Somewhat of a pain in the ass, used no RTV sealant, gasket only.

Whomever replaced it last, only used black RTV of some kind. It was a bitch to remove all from head. Happy I replaced housing, as that crap was all over it, and I didn’t have to waste time or worry if I removed it all.

Won’t know if it leaks until tomorrow when I fire up the Jeep, didn’t have time today. Wish me luck, as I really don’t want to redo it!

Picked up a new champion AGM battery from pep-boys. Was 25% for an online order - store pickup. Usually 189, discontinued to 146, + a $40 mail in rebate. Feel I got a pretty good deal.

Also installed the 5.25 Polks with boomat in the front dash.
which battery was it? I could use a new agm battery for cheap

Today i put this decal on my Patriot Blue tj...
20190323_182540.jpg

I'm getting the same decal with black letters for the white tj...lol

WELL I drove down to the shop where I bought the nut, we found out that the Jeep tie rod is 22x1.5mm, so I jacked up the tie rod end and the $8 nut. Just pisses me off. So I am not going to use the fox shock yet until I get my dana 44's built, so I rednecked a pin bar eliminator that gives me 5" up and 4" down using JK shocks. I also found that the previous owner had put a track bar relocation bracket on subsequently I removed it once I found it. Now the track bar fits but bottoms out...so I may have t redrill the hole and go back to a stock track bar. The stock track bar seems to be bent better.

I also had the lower pads left over from a JL take offs that I picked up, I tried them, they tipped the springs into the bump stop cups, so those are coming off. My YJ was sooo much easier to set up. Just when I think that I am making progress, I fall back with parts that either dont fit or are just not right. Well I will be doing more next week.

View attachment 83995

View attachment 83996

View attachment 83997

View attachment 83998

View attachment 83999
Shiny!

Finally won the battle of the receiver hitch. I had enough of trying to drill those (&^( bottom bumper bolts and just fired up the old "weld-o-matic" box and welded those bolt pads to the frame and a few other strategic spots while I was at it. Some rattlecan paint, and putting the trailer light connector in the bumper and it's over and done with.

Now, I can back to the really important stuff like adding a "oogah" horn.

I updated my thread here, but thought I would share here. :D

I changed oils in both differentials and transfer case. Then of course painted the covers purple. LOL I even tried to get my finger to match! Smashed it while trying to get a bolt off. LOL

Then I moved on to the fun part. I installed my LED dash lights. So much better. :D

Then I cut the mat that hubby found me, to fit the trunk drawer. That should stop things from sliding around.

well shocks and springs are in, I need to tighten and torque everything, replace the front brake lines, double check and make sure that I didnt increase the wheelbase. Until I get the steering installed the knuckle is flopping around making it real hard to measure accurately. I found a set of used 33x10.5x15 BFK KO's, 400 for a set of 8, 4 are real nice, 4 are worn. It will get me by until I can iron out this thing with the lift and take it on a few road trips. Tomorrow should include steering and putting the body back together. Then it is off to getting the rear done...

IMG_0338.jpg

I updated my thread here, but thought I would share here. :D

I changed oils in both differentials and transfer case. Then of course painted the covers purple. LOL I even tried to get my finger to match! Smashed it while trying to get a bolt off. LOL

View attachment 84054

View attachment 84056

Then I moved on to the fun part. I installed my LED dash lights. So much better. :D

View attachment 84055

Then I cut the mat that hubby found me, to fit the trunk drawer. That should stop things from sliding around.View attachment 84057
Its not bad until you have to drain your nail or you wont sleep from the pain...

Reactions: Twopoint
Fixing ground problem on my aftermarket Amp turned into new Amp, new headunit and rewire. Will need to finish up tomorrow. The PO or shop that installed really hacked it. Wrong size wires, bad ground spot, odd use of channels. That, and I like it my way.
4ec8a9a033bf8a35eb37667417e4a0c6.jpg
f4c026729333beacfecbf48e2ed86e64.jpg
a450a066968bc29300f8a25a364bba85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rebuilding yes, stroker no. If was looking for more hp I would look more into turbo

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk