What did you do to your TJ today?

After a lot of back and forth, I made the plunge and upgraded the stock front bumper. Going to black out the EAG.

Edit: the EAG logo actually can be screwed off which is nice lol
456A233A-6806-4980-BD32-A24B8BFC20BB.jpeg

B95A54C5-C737-4748-9741-1CCCCC3BA546.jpeg

627BFFC9-DB9C-4ED1-9154-66952F94D16F.jpeg

Last edited:
Fixed my foglights which had become demonically possessed with a life of their own by pulling the multifunction switch, taking it apart and building up the worn area on the foglight switch "finger". There's a couple of good write ups here in the How To section on this.

Nothing like using a piece of aluminum out of the side of a soda can to save a couple of hundred bucks or playing the chinese parts roulette. That and I got a free education on how the MFS works while sorting out the pieces.

It was hotter than hell out in the shop, so I set up at my computer desk in the bed room where it's air conditioned. That way I could refer to the How To pics write up pics as needed.View attachment 102219
I'm dealing with the same issue with my switch. Likes to turn it self on every so often. Good to hear there fixable. I'll have to start looking into that repair.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Made a new mounting bracket for the ambient temperature sensor for my added on Gentex rearview mirror. Originally I had in in a random hole way down in the bottom of the grill with one of those push-in-pin things and it wasn't very secure. I used some piece of C channel aluminum I had laying around. A little tight area to fit your hands in, but I eventually got it mounted up.

1a.JPG

2a.JPG

3a.JPG

4a.JPG

Flew the flag! Happy Independence Day!

Also finished installing a used winch with on-board air. I have a feeling the air compressor is going to get a lot more use than the winch.

And this wasn't today, but I installed a new rear bumper and just got around to taking pics. After a minor incident with a rock, I decided I needed a bumper with a built-in receiver instead of running the bolt-on hitch.

Have to say I'm super happy with the bumper. Everything fit up perfectly, and the receiver is as tight and square as you could possibly want. It's also way more stable and solid than the old bolt-on hitch.

nice. now cut that "abrasion guard" off. 😉
I've been following that thread. As far as I'm concerned, the nylon sleeve is for UV protection only. (y)

Also, I just realized that we have two different "What did you do" threads for TJs and LJs and I posted in the wrong one. My bad!