What did you do to your TJ today?

New mod alert! Cuz I’m getting old😔

91FC92A9-063E-4BC6-B3A3-1743268F25BF.jpeg

Any more pics? Were you able to hit most of the trails there?
We spent the day hitting the 3 Jeep Badge of Honor trails, and the trails that got us to them. It was MEGA dusty and dry, and I prefer top down, doors off Jeeping, so the missus and I were covered in trail dust. Only TJ in the group, one YJ, a few JK(U)s and one JL Rubi. Man that JL Rubi was nice. ;) I highly recommend two days at Windrock to see it all. This was our 3rd trip there and we knew we wanted to go hunt out the Train Tunnel.

Today (now yesterday) I finished getting my new Rusty's springs and Bilstein shocks with the Teraflex bar pin eliminators on the front end, I'll have to do a little backtracking once I decide what I'm going to do about bump stops, but at least it's getting closer to being drive-able! And no need to worry, I finished adding on the nut on top of the shock after photos were taken.
View attachment 101921
(You can see my mostly painted 5.9L Magnum in the background that is mostly painted and getting ready for install soon)

View attachment 101922
Love that lil bit of Mopar madness in the background...looking forward to seeing it installed (not as much as you are though ) haha

Installed the Rugged Ridge multi-mount.

For the $29 that it costs, I actually find the storage really useful, and it holds my iPhone tight in place.

Just wish they did a little better job on the dash contour.

019.JPG

Reactions: fuse and Kiwi TJ
Took the full doors off my TJ and put my Father's Day present on... a new pair of SRC gen1 tube doors for the summer. Pulled the back and sides off and packed them in the bikini top. Then devised a way to make my Rampage soft top into a sun roof using some old Bestop parts I had from a previous top. Put a new locking billet on the gas and got a lock for the hood as well. (Jeep show had some real good prices.)
e3c6bc6157c167762b1b1611cdec2dbc.jpg
12d3f904b30381b7713d93980c4d0d33.jpg
1df0ea9f8fdf198b1c33427132c3ca3a.jpg
f0375693db41566f31c616bdc1ab799f.jpg
5841d48078b60b846baf4fe4d91a840e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
9352dd9c6dd2146ae2bb7b8e3361b925.jpg

It took me about an hour and a half because I was super careful
56A69837-6F07-4863-BCE5-178FAC302E03.jpeg
about getting the correct torque gradually and evenly across the ring. I used some Xtra Seal bead sealer on the ring side and used some 3M Super 77 spray adhesive on the inside bead right before I seated it (old Superbike racing trick we used at high speed racetracks to try to prevent tires from spinning on wheels; probably useless on a Jeep beadlock but I had it right above my toolbox, so why not...)

Fixed my foglights which had become demonically possessed with a life of their own by pulling the multifunction switch, taking it apart and building up the worn area on the foglight switch "finger". There's a couple of good write ups here in the How To section on this.

Nothing like using a piece of aluminum out of the side of a soda can to save a couple of hundred bucks or playing the chinese parts roulette. That and I got a free education on how the MFS works while sorting out the pieces.

It was hotter than hell out in the shop, so I set up at my computer desk in the bed room where it's air conditioned. That way I could refer to the How To pics write up pics as needed.
Jig Saw Puzzle.jpg

It took me about an hour and a half because I was super carefulView attachment 102215 about getting the correct torque gradually and evenly across the ring. I used some Xtra Seal bead sealer on the ring side and used some 3M Super 77 spray adhesive on the inside bead right before I seated it (old Superbike racing trick we used at high speed racetracks to try to prevent tires from spinning on wheels; probably useless on a Jeep beadlock but I had it right above my toolbox, so why not...)
did you remember to use anti-seize on the bolts?

I removed my back seat and unbolted my hard top. I tried to remove the hard top myself, but I couldn't do it alone, so I put the bolts back in and tightened them down. :(
Borrow a buddy for 5 mins. Give him a beer for his time. Once you get it tucked away and off the LJ just wave goodbye to it, because you will never want to put it back on. Seriously

did you remember to use anti-seize on the bolts?

Negative. Raceline did not recommend the use of anti seize in their instructions (or video tutorial) and they give you ‘dry mounting’ torque specs (16-18 lb/ft) but no ‘wet mounting’ specs (anti-seize would change torque specs afaik). Besides, their construction does not allow any steel on aluminum contact since you have grade 8 hardware going into steel inserts in the aluminum wheel.

btw, found these 15” wheels for just under $300, shipped to my door.

Reactions: azroc909
Negative. Raceline did not recommend the use of anti seize in their instructions (or video tutorial) and they give you ‘dry mounting’ torque specs (16-18 lb/ft) but no ‘wet mounting’ specs (anti-seize would change torque specs afaik). Besides, their construction does not allow any steel on aluminum contact since you have grade 8 hardware going into steel inserts in the aluminum wheel.

btw, found these 15” wheels for just under $300, shipped to my door.
Nice I did not know that about the race lines. That’s a very nice looking wheel and that sounds like a great deal. I’m still cleaning anti-seize off my ATX slabs

Last edited: