What did you do to your TJ today?

today, I took a picture of it :LOL:

actually I moved it outside so I could do a brake pad/rotor job on my Suby, little guy is 6+ years old with almost 65,000 miles & the brakes are still in fine working order but my inspection is up this month & my guy told me last year I'd probably need new ones next go around. Hell if I'm gonna pay anyone to do brakes so ahead of the inspection I ordered pad & rotor sets from Rock Auto & got'r done. I love having a two car garage, I need every square inch of it as I ass it up with tools & shit even for the simplest of jobs
IMG_5037.JPG

the fronts almost done, calipers were in great working order so I'll leave them until the next go around if I still have the car. Oddly the front pads still had plenty of meat, probably could've gotten upwards of 80,000 miles out of the stock set, though the rears were just about cooked

IMG_5031.JPG

rears

IMG_5030.JPG

and Lucabella patiently waiting for a run in the country this afternoon

IMG_5032.JPG

Hey guys!
Today I installed my softop. I also, changed the engine oil + filter, transmission fluid, front & rear diff fluids and I did a tire rotation.
Next project: transfer case fluid, engine coolant, grease.

My black TJ with his black hardtop:

JPFriends - Όρος Πατέρα #1.jpg

The new look just for the summer: haven't got a nice pic yet. :LOL:

101720241_249589286459083_6016188346248724480_n.jpg

ANTS!!!!

So a couple of days ago after returning from a short run into town, I came back out and there were ants all over my windshield eating the splattered bugs. I hit them w/ the pressure washer and done.
Nope!
Saw a few in the carpet and still seeing them around the hood and windshield. Crap, where are they living? Tried to follow but I think they are in the windshield frame. I sprinkled some Amdro on the hinges today and they didn't even give it a sniff, so I broke out my home-brew ant bait.
Adios muthafuckers!

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

Picked it up from the shop with a new sye/rear driveshaft/ adjusted pinion angle...all vibrations gone and drives like a dream. Had some concerns about mid frame but the shop said it was solid, even wire brushed and painted the skid area. Time to address cats, cat back, and o2 sensors next. Big win for the weekend and well worth the cost.

ANTS!!!!

So a couple of days ago after returning from a short run into town, I came back out and there were ants all over my windshield eating the splattered bugs. I hit them w/ the pressure washer and done.
Nope!
Saw a few in the carpet and still seeing them around the hood and windshield. Crap, where are they living? Tried to follow but I think they are in the windshield frame. I sprinkled some Amdro on the hinges today and they didn't even give it a sniff, so I broke out my home-brew ant bait.
Adios muthafuckers!

View attachment 167926

View attachment 167927

At least they were keeping your windshield clean!

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
So, the original flares that someone before me had painted.....while on the Jeep, we're starting to lose some of the paint.
20200523_130205.jpg

They were just looking bad. Took one off to investigate whether they'd be able to be reconditioned. I'd kinda been leaning towards some pocket flares, but if I could repaint them for $10, I'd rather do that for right now.

Lol. No. Wasn't going to work. So, I found a deal on some 4.75" Bushwacker pocket flares.

Took off all the rest of the originals last night. The things you find.......

20200605_202105.jpg

And the thing is, is that you could have put original hardware into the holes where I found those self drill screws. That stuff just makes my head hurt.

Luckily, I only had 3 rivnut/nutsert issues. I had already bought the tool as I knew they would be a problem.

20200606_091626.jpg

Replaced the rusty frozen nutserts and a dash of black spray paint to cover any bare metal.

20200606_105229.jpg

Cleaned off all the overspray from them painting the flares on the Jeep.

20200606_103646.jpg

And got all the new bits installed!

20200606_194234-1.jpg

Still need to run some black spray paint inside the flare area where the red paint is showing through. Then put the rear inner splash shields back in. Didn't really want to spend the money right now, but it really helped in the looks department. Plus, a bit wider for a little better protection.

Finally installed Smittybilt top...then drove 240 miles to fish (line broke). Rained all afternoon, nobody caught anything, drove another 130 miles, drank some beer and Pendleton. Didn’t need the starter fluid or the tools. Got 13 mpg at 65-80mph (ie:4th Gear, 5th Gear—HILL!!! Down to 4th Gear, back to 5th Gear!! Repeat!!)
BF190442-0512-4B50-80E6-007134F6DA5F.jpeg