What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed a pair of UCF aluminum windshield frame guards. Write-up can be seen here:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/ucf-windshield-frame-guard-install.37024/
RVldPZr.jpg

I called them today and they said while not D2 or the like, they offer some degree of more flex than standard clevite. He said it's basically OEM arms in an adjustable format.
Ah yeah I’d be careful then. The stock arms with the stock bushing work well due to the arms ability to twist.

Ah yeah I’d be careful then. The stock arms with the stock bushing work well due to the arms ability to twist.

Correct. According to the tech, these were designed to twist to a similar degree. I’m not sure if they twist to the same degree. I’m also curious why this particular topic has never come up on any other vehicle I’ve owned. Even trucks. i suspect it has to do with a goal of max articulation. However, if my Jeep is ever in any of those spots, it likely means I’ve crashed and probably severely injured.

**Product used** LA Totally Awesome Degreaser. 1/2 gallon of water a couple glugs of product.

Scrubbed the Half Doors our TJ came with. They have been sitting in the garage collecting dust, we just run no doors. These were stained with clay mud, dirt dobbers and looked sun faded. I was planning on cleaning and fabric painting then based on seeing someone else’s post. First scrub took a decent amount off, kinda surprised me so I did it about 5 times each door scrubbing for about 3-5 minutes in a circular and back/forth motion. Rinsing good afternoon each scrub. The results shocked me so much I was pissed I didn’t do a before and after. Nothing else was applied to these doors to make them look more
Black .

$6 at Lowe’s for a Gallon. Hell of a product, I’m Interested to see how the shine and black holds
Up these next few days.

Now I need a Side Mirror solution.

View attachment 169912

View attachment 169913

View attachment 169914

They sell this stuff at our dollar store for 3 bucks. I saw your post and bought a gallon jug of it.

I was gonna try it on my engine bay. Not so much greasy as it is baked on dust. Or maybe oil residue with dust baked onto it. Was also gonna try it on my frame and wheel wells.

What would you think the mix ratio should be?

Reactions: DrDmoney
LJ had started puking coolant so it will be getting a few new things. Probably could have stopped with just water pump (had to change that so would hold enough to use flush product) but being 15 years old doing all seemed like safest option.

Reactions: Apparition
It was a nice doors off kinda day, I just drove the Jeep. One of the grandkids said that my Jeep was sick. I said sick? “you know that means really cool.” I’m getting old.

View attachment 171785

You're not getting old, maybe you've just been too busy. Not that I'm young enough to use it but I think "sick" has been in use like that for about 20 years.

ordered a new soft top since the zippers on the used one I got from a friend basically fell apart. I'm only planning on using it to cover up if it rains as I have no garage, so got a cheap one. in the meantime it's covered in a tarp in case it does actually do more than mist out today...

In worse news, sprung a pretty significant oil leak that i'm pretty sure is due to the valve cover gasket, potentially oil pan gasket (and honestly probably both). The oil pan itself had some rough rust starting on one side so buying new gaskets and waiting for a new pan to get here. But in the meantime, stuck some foil pans under it and watching it drip. Somewhat depressing as it had no oil issues before and it was a sudden bad leak a week after changing the oil.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt