What did you do to your TJ today?

I swapped rims and tires off my son's soon to be traded in TJ. Brand new K02's and much nicer rims! Love the look!

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

I see everyone has been busy on their tj's.. i personally left mine parked in the garage
well i went to the lake for few days reprieve from heat and work.
now tomorrow i will return my attention back to the tj with a few jobs coming up this week
including the new kicker speakers all around and new gear oil in rear axle.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Got a my pair of 5-1/4" "Kicker" speakers all prepped and mounted in their front dash adapters and backshells, ready to bolt in tomorrow.
I want to do the same, what adapter do I need for the 5.25 speakers up front.
Thank you

Started in earnest on replacing ball joints. Going to definitely do the front axle u-joints, maybe lower control arms as well and maybe inner axle seals...still undecided on that last one. Definitely the biggest job I've attempted since I got into this stupid f*$%ing hobby :LOL:

Also my hubs were pretty much fused on and it took a solid hour and a half of, pb blast, hammers, beer, and chisels to work them off. They did not survive.

IMG_20200705_174312_01.jpg
IMG_20200705_161607.jpg

Just had my first "oh shit" topless moment. Weather forecasted no rain but I was watching TV, heard thunder and checked the weather and got a severe thunderstorm warning complete with hail a town over on my phone. Ran out and put the top up and got the half door uppers back on just as the first raindrops started.

Shoulda known, with how unbearably humid it is.

Anyways, in addition to replacing the bad endlink, earlier this evening I also pulled the second steering stabilizer that the PO had put on. Had planned to replace the stabilizer itself but I need a breaker bar or some ugga duggas to crush through the rusty bolts, both tools that I need to actually buy for real, so the rusty skyjacker stays on for another few days .

IMG_20200613_101122.jpg

IMG_20200705_192047.jpg

Just had my first "oh shit" topless moment. Weather forecasted no rain but I was watching TV, heard thunder and checked the weather and got a severe thunderstorm warning complete with hail a town over on my phone. Ran out and put the top up and got the half door uppers back on just as the first raindrops started.

Shoulda known, with how unbearably humid it is.

Anyways, in addition to replacing the bad endlink, earlier this evening I also pulled the second steering stabilizer that the PO had put on. Had planned to replace the stabilizer itself but I need a breaker bar or some ugga duggas to crush through the rusty bolts, both tools that I need to actually buy for real, so the rusty skyjacker stays on for another few days .

View attachment 174895

View attachment 174896
They called for no rain at all in my area yesterday.... Long story short 2" of water in the tub. Thank god I had the safari top on to block a bit of the rain. Also I'm glad I don't have carpet...

Reactions: Zorba
Yeah.... don't know that. I thought about going that route. I didn't buy my speakers through Crutchfield so the difference for me was about $50 overall when you look at the cost of the connectors and the adapters. I got my pods off Ebay for $75 so that helped too.
The pods may be mo' bettah, but I'm not really an audiophile. I punched a hole in the back of the baffles for supposedly better bass response after reading about people doing the same with the pods. The speakers sound great to me, YMMV and all that. Sounds like you went higher end than I did.

Reactions: Blondie70
They called for no rain at all in my area yesterday.... Long story short 2" of water in the tub. Thank god I had the safari top on to block a bit of the rain. Also I'm glad I don't have carpet...

Lol! Yeah that was what I was picturing. No carpet so I'm not super worried, but still. Hopefully you were able to dry it out decently quick!

After all that.... The storm basically entirely missed us. 🙄Better safe than sorry though, I guess !