What did you do to your TJ today?

Yep,my dad broke them off so they would fit in the (new fangled) outlets 😲
That's probably why this one was without ground. Dad bought it used for $100 in about 1948 or 9 - which was a shit ton of money back then! Although by the time I inherited it the grounding had been (finally) fixed; the cord dad used was an 18/3 and was super short. I just happened to be scrapping a piece of equipment at work that had a very long 12/3 cord - on it went! While I was at it, I completely disassembled the thing, cleaned everything, repacked the gear box, etc, etc. Should be good for another 90 years...

That's probably why this one was without ground. Dad bought it used for $100 in about 1948 or 9 - which was a shit ton of money back then! Although by the time I inherited it the grounding had been (finally) fixed; the cord dad used was an 18/3 and was super short. I just happened to be scrapping a piece of equipment at work that had a very long 12/3 cord - on it went! While I was at it, I completely disassembled the thing, cleaned everything, repacked the gear box, etc, etc. Should be good for another 90 years...
Yep,the term,they don’t make them like they used to comes to mind!

Please no....
Cmon where the fun in that..ive been wearing women's clothes since I was a young man..here's a pic of me wearing my mother's robe lol

10437.jpeg

Trying to fix my glovebox, got broken into Thursday night and they stole all my recovery gear 2 socket sets,compressor with extension and tyre gauge and my wheel nut lock key! Now I have to get a replacement key and a new set to swap them out :( The key socket was a McGard provided by Chrysler but I have to get the replacement from Japan somehow, lucky I had the key code in with the owners manual.

I cant figure out what bit they broke on the glovebox it doesn't stay shut and the lock still turns, they also bent my centre consul arm rest forcing it open but the lock still works.

Rampage deck cover was strong enough to hold an adult while they got in the cab and tilted the seats so rampage must be better than I thought! lol, I have them on CCTV but they were wearing hoodies, just hope I dont wake up to 33in Bricks! lol

Trying to fix my glovebox, got broken into Thursday night and they stole all my recovery gear 2 socket sets,compressor with extension and tyre gauge and my wheel nut lock key! Now I have to get a replacement key and a new set to swap them out :( The key socket was a McGard provided by Chrysler but I have to get the replacement from Japan somehow, lucky I had the key code in with the owners manual.

I cant figure out what bit they broke on the glovebox it doesn't stay shut and the lock still turns, they also bent my centre consul arm rest forcing it open but the lock still works.

Rampage deck cover was strong enough to hold an adult while they got in the cab and tilted the seats so rampage must be better than I thought! lol, I have them on CCTV but they were wearing hoodies, just hope I dont wake up to 33in Bricks! lol
Dude that sucks bad!!!!!! Sorry about the break in!

Sorry to hear that mate, Thieves are the lowest of the low....thinking the world owes them something and they can help themselves to other peoples shit.
Not much makes me angry but tea-leafs after a five finger discount really rubs me up the wrong way....bastards

Aww man, that sucks! I hope you catch the pricks and get to enact some street justice! 🤬

Reactions: Kiwi TJ

That sucks... I leave NOTHING in the glove box or the center console.

I've install the concealed carry underseat security draw and the rear security deck.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Bumper is done - ready for the welding shop:

49a.jpg

Bottom brace and its spacers.

496.jpg

I need more drills! With the exception of the yellow DeWalt, all these drills plus a Milwaukee that isn't seen here all belonged to dead people...

498.jpg

Pintle hook fitted - I'll have to remove it before sending the bumper to the welding shop.

That sucks... I leave NOTHING in the glove box or the center console.

I've install the concealed carry underseat security draw and the rear security deck.
There was nothing in the glovebox or centre consul except lock nut key and cleaning cloths and a few pens, counting the cost now lithium battery jump starter full marine first aid kit passenger grab handle bag, tyre deflators puncture repair kit and the list is growing.
Storage behind and under the seats seemed like a good idea "once"! They couldn't get the recovery gear box out as it was too big so they took what they could with the lid half off but just about emptied it, glad they didn't break anything other than the glove box lock,

Cut off my frozen skid plate bolts and nutserts, installed new BMB nutserts. Removed my original muffler and replaced it with a Banks Monster cat-back. Changed tranny oil and filter and replaced pan with a Dorman. Changed transfer case oil. Drank a few beers and patted myself on the back.